Heaten Religion?

End er

Chieftain
Im recieving major negative points in forien relations because they are saying "i am under the sway of a heathen religion"

I dont really get this, is any religion thats different from theirs Heathen?

Right now im mostly confusianism.. is that religion particularly bad?

Last game i never had problems with that.

All AI civs who are a different state religion from yours will have that "heathen religion" diplomatic penalty. If you're the same religion, you'll get a bonus. If either you or they do not have a state religion, there is no modifier.

You get this negative modifier if the AI civ is a different religion than yours. To avoid it:

(1) Switch to their religion (gives a + modifier, "We care for our brothers and sisters of the faith") or no religion (no +/- bonuses, but at least no one's pissed with you) or,

(2) Send missionaries to convert their cities to your religion, eventually you'll have the option to ask them to change religions. (Might have to bribe 'em first.)

Which method is best, of course, depends on a ton of factors. You generally want to keep the religion that is most widespread in your nation, especially if it's a religion you founded.

I am in the same boat… Is there any way to switch religions, except when the other civs ask you to convert? Thanks in advance, and I am sorry for the minor hijack. :)

Dave

you can swith religions in the religous advisor screen.
just click on a religion icon across the top to convert to it

my advice is to not found religions intentionally, just convert to whicheve religion shows up first since it will usully be from your closest neighbor and then you get that bonus (and usually leaves him unsuspecting for you war of religious unification)

AlazkanAssassin said:
you can swith religions in the religous advisor screen.
just click on a religion icon across the top to convert to it

Thank you very much!

jerVL/kg said:
(2) Send missionaries to convert their cities to your religion, eventually you'll have the option to ask them to change religions. (Might have to bribe 'em first.)

This tactic is best in my opinion. :goodjob:

Top Bottom