Heath Ledger is now in Hell and has begun serving his eternal sentence there.

The more we talk about WBC, the more their mission is fufilled. Why can't we just shut up about them and let them fade into obscurity?

Who is this Gibson fellow that I should care what he says?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1240,00.html

Presents himself as some sort of newsman:
John Gibson joined FOX News Channel (FNC) in September of 2000 and currently serves as the co-host of "The Big Story with John Gibson & Heather Nauert" (Weekdays/5-6 p.m. ET). The show examines all facets of the major news stories of the day and presents viewers with compelling interviews and discussions on breaking news events. Gibson also hosts "The John Gibson Show," a nationally syndicated radio program that provides top news coverage and features interviews with leading newsmakers.
And apparently has penned an autobiography and his war memoirs:
Gibson is also the author of The New York Times bestseller "Hating America" and "The War on Christmas."

Who is this Gibson fellow that I should care what he says?
:nono: Eran, you're on the left in American politics. This means you should be obsessed with Fox News in a way few conservatives are. (See JR for a real liberal on this issue) You aren't up on your Fox News anchors? For shame!

I don't really know who he is or anything about him either. But then, I'm a conservative who doesn't watch Fox News.

I'm on the left? Here I thought I was in the middle . . .

Actually, the only person in real life I know who watches is my conservative roommate. But I suspect that they have about as many liberal viewers.

:lol: That makes it even funnier. :lol:

They sure are oddly obsessed with homosexual acts or even the possibility of it, given their film tastes.

:nono: Eran, you're on the left in American politics. This means you should be obsessed with Fox News in a way few conservatives are. (See JR for a real liberal on this issue) You aren't up on your Fox News anchors? For shame!
Meh, Gibson trying to yuk it up on a radio show doesn't change a thing.

I don't really know who he is or anything about him either. But then, I'm a conservative who doesn't watch Fox News.

Traitor! :p

I look kinda queer and I "deny" God; Hell it is!

I can't imagine why you put the word "deny" in quotation marks; I think it is fair to say that if you don't believe in something, that in a sense you deny it. Maybe just me.

I think that America needs the WBC. They perform a valuable public service.

Spoiler :
They test America's commitment to freedom of speech. If you silence even the most abominable of ideas, then freedom of speech is nonexistent and someone, somewhere gets to dictate what can or cannot be said.

A mature society would simply ignore these idiots, but unfortunately we love a grim spectacle, like gawking at a car accident, we can't look away. We pretend to be sympathetic when really nothing would excite us more than a fiery explosion! Just like how we pretend to be all about tolerance and free speech as a society, but really in the depths of our hearts we yearn for someone to put bullets in those ***holes for daring to say something that we personally find repugnant.

In that sense, just as the WBC audaciously claims to be the ultimate arbiter of good and evil, so too do we.

Throw some marinade on that!

Throw some marinade on that!

It's quite simple: we don't think the government should silence them, however, we do believe that part of the freedom of speech is being responsible for that free speech, and if you're protesting a military funeral, perhaps you should expect a punch in the face from the family of the deceased.

The face puncher could be considered a patriot if he/she performs the face punch and immediately surrenders to authorities and asks to be punished.

There are better ways than violence to combat truly repugnant ideas. The ancient Greeks had a great one that can be adapted to suit the needs of a righteously offended party/society such as Heath Ledger's family or the families of the slain military personnel.

os·tra·cize /ˈɒstrəˌsaɪz/
–verb (used with object), -cized, -ciz·ing.
1. to exclude, by general consent, from society, friendship, conversation, privileges, etc.: His friends ostracized him after his father's arrest.
2. to banish (a person) from his or her native country; expatriate.
3. (in ancient Greece) to banish (a citizen) temporarily by popular vote.

Of course, we need not literally "banish" people, but by popular agreement we can utterly exclude these freaks from all the benefits of participating in tolerant society.

Let their faces be known by all and recognized.
Let them be infamous and hated.
Let them have no friends or well-wishers.
Let them not be served in restaurants or hotels.
Let them be turned away from every decent establishment.
Let their every misfortune be met by cheers from everyone around them.

If the WBC cannot be ignored (as they have repeatedly demonstrated), then let them be infamous and despised. Freedom of speech implies freedom to judge, and as they have judged, let them be judged.

Top Bottom