Heirs to Heaven

Assuming decamper is Ok with it, as soon as he gives you a short PM about them and their attitude, I'll send you the invite to the Summer Pact group. :)

Also, since Isthon lost its capital and gold mine, how do they still have such a high income?

To: House Taran

I've got a letter which reveals to me that the bandits were actually hired by Koriates in order to make our two Houses to go to war. Considering how things played out, I believe it to be true. I am too ashamed to face you as I have wronged you but I plead you to consider the fact that two of my cousins died in the ambush and that was the reason I invaded you and as such I ask you to put aside our past differences. Once the war with Koriates is over, I will properly compensate.

OOC: Truthfully, I wasn't even aware that there was a bandit issue.

To: World

The so called Lord Lucien has proved to be nothing more but a power hungry demon who seeks to usurp the throne and disrupt the peace of the Kingdom, thus bringing untold suffering to the people. I cannot stand by and watch this injustice. Although due to my oath I was loyal until now to him, he betrayed me and thus he forced my hand.

Only by having a Sage Lord ruling the country while God is absent can peace be maintained. I have shown myself to be just, using military action only against those who conspired against peace and justice. I was also one of the very few who attempted to mediate a peace between the two alliances. Thus I have proved to be a peace-loving and virtuous ruler.

For the shake of the people and in order to enforce peace, I declare myself Regent of the Kingdom.

My first degree as Regent is this:

Royal Decree of His Excellency Lord Regent Alexandros​

Lord Lucien and his allies have proved to be treacherous and conspire to usurp the throne. They use lies to smear the names of loyal officials and Lords. They have shown complete disregard for formal agreements and treaties and have brought war and death to the Kingdom, causing untold suffering to the people for whom they care little.

As such His Excellency Lord Regent Alexandros names Lord Meph 'Grand General' of the Kingdom's armed forces and orders him to pacify the lands and bring the heads of the traitors to him. He also calls all other patriots, either Lords or loyal officials, to take up arms against the tyrant and promises to reward them with offices in the new Court he will set up.

From House Iskariota
To All the Houses of Heaven

Thousands dead from war. Our faith has been divided. Plague ravages the land. Former provinces piece-mealed through reckless conquest. Once noble lords dagger each other for power. Madness, bandits and beasts stalk our realm freely and without opposition.

We need order and we need it now. Anyone can claim the so-so vibrant title of "Regent" but we will only support a true defender of the kingdom. One who will not turn his sword upon the ones who follow him, or whom criticises his rule.

We will only pledge ourselves to someone who is truly worthy of the responsibility of rulership. Until then, we will remain in the Summer Pact out of mutual benefit.

ooc: basically dont kill someone and take their clay for a change and you got me, bbys

Lord Regent Alexandros has the backing of House Lamere for now and eternity, for traitors and scoundrels such as Lucien have no place in this world. Peace must return.

Lord Byrias Isthon and the entire House give their wholehearted support to Alexandros Iskaakios as the rightful regent of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Warning: I done goofed part of the update, namely Faulhamer's assault. Consider the update WiP until fixed.

To: House Taran

I've got a letter which reveals to me that the bandits were actually hired by Koriates in order to make our two Houses to go to war. Considering how things played out, I believe it to be true. I am too ashamed to face you as I have wronged you but I plead you to consider the fact that two of my cousins died in the ambush and that was the reason I invaded you and as such I ask you to put aside our past differences. Once the war with Koriates is over, I will properly compensate.

Lord Alexandros Isaakios of Alexandroupolis

I forgive you for your actions, I would have acted similarly in such a situation. I weep for your cousins, as I weep for all who have been killed by the Heretical Alliance.

Yours Sincerely,

Lady Nichola Taran, Lord of North Thuria and Protector of Stillhabor.

****************​

Milo Polud

The marriage between our two houses is annulled. May you die like your father died, in the arms of a prostitute who is no doubt the mother of your “heir”.

Die in a fire,

****************​

So it has come to this. In a mere 15 months, the Archeretic Lucius and the Heretical Alliance has broken God’s peace. In an orgy of violence, the Heretical Alliance has attacked their enemies, allies, family and those unaligned alike. After they are done with the rest of Heaven, they will sack the Holy City itself and then turn on each other in an orgy of blood until only the Archeretic himself remains; naked, covered in blood and howling at the moon like the animal he is.

God has only ever made eight mistakes. House Braxton. House Wychland. House Dandale. House Polud. House Faulhamer. House Arimathea. House Koriates. House de Toullies. We have fixed three of his mistakes, now we will fix the rest. As for the so-called United Church, pah. They are only united in their lust for blood and their heresy. They endorse the worship of a lake in the north, encouraging the people to abandon God’s light and die on a lake. In the south they have endorsed House Faulhamer’s worship of snakes and encourage them summon devils from the depths of Hell itself. And in the east they encourage the worship of the Archeretic Lucius himself, for his ego and hubris must be larger than all of Heaven. He considers himself the Heir to God, but that is absurd as there is and can be no Heir to God as He is not dead, He is surely alive.

We call upon all remaining faithful men to war the Heretical Alliance. We call upon all neutral houses to war on them, they have no respect for neutrality or friendship. We call upon House Atkyn to war them, we will support the release of their lands to a true heir of Atkyn as God envisioned.

In the name of the Patriarch, in the name of honour and in the name of God; we declare war on the Heretical Alliance. No mercy will be given to the leaders of the Heretical Alliance, this war will only end when they are dead. House Taran rides once more and not only will God ride with us, but the whole of Heaven will too. And when Archeretic Lucius and those fallen houses who follow him hear the sounds of the hooves of the Taran Riders, they will understand why the heretics feared us in the War for Unification and they will truly understand what terrible excuses for human beings they are.

May God strike down the unworthy,

relations are a little weird. If Koriates Embargoed me I assume we don't have a trade deal? Or does it not cancel it?
Will hold off on diplomacy until some stuff is straightened out. Nice update as always!
2 stat issues: The Rugir should have a Medium ship and it seems you did not raise the industry in any of my island provinces.
Everything should be fixed. If/when more bollocks pop up, do tell.
So....you're telling me there's still hope. ;)
About that...

House Iskariota would like to establish trade agreements with the houses of Isaakios and Lamere, as well as of offering one of our bloodline to marry a suitable groom from Isaakios. This proposal is purely to strengthen our relationships with houses we believe to be capable of reasonable peace and future prosperity.

We also condemn and place an embargo of goods and travels upon the House of de Toullies for their heinous actions as of late. Shame on you.

House Polud would like to congratulate House Taran on its mastery over ad hominem attacks.

House Iskariota would like to establish trade agreements with the houses of Isaakios and Lamere, as well as of offering one of our bloodline to marry a suitable groom from Isaakios. This proposal is purely to strengthen our relationships with houses we believe to be capable of reasonable peace and future prosperity.

We also condemn and place an embargo of goods and travels upon the House of de Toullies for their heinous actions as of late. Shame on you.

We accept both the trade and marriage offers. Hope that our Houses can be friends for a thousand years.

Decree of the Regent:

Royal Decree of His Excellency Lord Regent Alexandros​

His Excellency Lord Regent Alexandros sees the need for the formation of a new Court and the rewarding of those who have taken up arms against the tyrant. As such His Excellency Lord Regent Alexandros names Alexander Lamere "General who Pacifies the North" and Byrias the Quiet "Grand Minister".

With the GM's permission, I return.

James Arimathea, first of the clans of Uplland, Lord of Hamlets, Warden of Gealot and sworn supporter of the Regent of Heaven, stakes his claim to the land of Oristhia. The Clansmen paid for in blood, the currency of our ancestors, our claim is indisputable by the old ways and will surely be recognised by our Lord Regent.

We offer the Farmers of Isthon a toast for how bravely the fought however surely they can read the writing on the wall. The men of Uplland will be merciful to those who kneel before us.

It's funny how it took a war to get another candidate to claim the regency, when the lack of a competitor was the entire reason my father thought a war was necessary.

It's even funnier how he doesn't have an army.

Top Bottom