Helicopter - Land unit or air unit?

Dusk

Prince
  • It's a land unit, it occupies tiles like other land units and embarks in the ocean and lakes
  • It's an air unit, it can hover over mountains
  • It's an icebreaker, it can move through the ice

Helicopters have always been iffy about what they are, but them being able to sail through the ice when embarked can only be an oversight in the "Ignores terrain movement cost" ability.

If it can't be classified as a bug, please move this thread to general discussion so people are made aware of the issue and can judge the oversight appropriately. I'm kinda curious about how people would classify it, come to think of it.

• It's a land unit, it occupies tiles like other land units and embarks in the ocean and lakes

Helicopters have always been iffy about what they are, but them being able to sail through the ice when embarked can only be an oversight in the "Ignores terrain movement cost" ability.

If it can't be classified as a bug, please move this thread to general discussion so people are made aware of the issue and can judge the oversight appropriately. I'm kinda curious about how people would classify it, come to think of it.
Hmm ... if it keeps its ignore terrain cost while embarked, I wonder if it keeps its combat strength there too? We could test that out in Worldbuilder ... IF WE HAD ONE! :rolleyes:

dV

Air units can move over ice as well as mountains.

Top Bottom