Hellas

el_hidalgo

Prince
Hellas is a 100x85 map of Ancient Greece, with historical starting locations, based on the map for the Peloponnesian Wars scenario included in Warlords. For BTS. The resources are the same as in the scenario, but I added "modern" resources (oil, coal, aluminum) more or less at random, but within easy distance of all the civ starting locations.

Civs/Leaders:
Athens/Pisistratus
Sparta/Leonidas
Troy/Priam
Persia/Xerxes
Minoans/Minos
Macedon/Philip
Byzantium/Byzas
Samos/Polycrates

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11875

Attachments

• hellas.JPG
    hellas.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,224
nice did you do the map editor from Gr3yhound or do it from scratch?

Neither! I started with the Warlords map that was included in the Peloponnesian war scenario. Then I used Notepad++ to remove improvements and roads and WB to make other changes and set starting locations.

So it's basically just a clean, standard BTS version of that map, with one Persian and seven "Greek" civilizations in historical starting locations. (They're not all Greek leaderheads, obviously, but I gave them Greek names and made them lead Greek civilizations. So Julius Caesar appears as Polycrates of Samos, etc.)

One of these days I'm going to finally make a Persian Wars scenario out of it....

Looks good! :)

Got a ROM 2.6 version aswell?

The extra resources and such might give it some extra flavour...

Maybe a nice thing for the future might be special units for each civ... Like another version of the Phalanx for the Spartans for example.

(When I have time, probally not unfortunatelly, I might edit some myself)

Looks good! :)

Got a ROM 2.6 version aswell?

The extra resources and such might give it some extra flavour...

Maybe a nice thing for the future might be special units for each civ... Like another version of the Phalanx for the Spartans for example.

(When I have time, probally not unfortunatelly, I might edit some myself)

I am not familiar with ROM, but wouldn't it work if you just loaded the mod and then played this map?

As for the non-uniqueness of the unique units... yeah, that would be much better, but then it would turn into a true mod rather than just a map/WBS scenario.... But if you do a mod to add truly unique units, let me know, and I'll include it with the map.

I made a small mod for this map, I hope you don't mind. It's basically the same thing, except I made real civs for each, and I made a scenario using the map, Persian Wars.

I'm pretty sure I posted it in the ancient scenarios section, but it said that the file was still "in moderation." I'm new to CivFanatics, so if I'm probably just doing some really simple thing wrong.:crazyeye:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the moderation queue. I will check it out when it's approved. :goodjob:

Also, I can't take too much credit for the map. All I did was clean up the map from the Peloponnesian war scenario that came with Warlords. I just thought it was a cool map and I was surprised nobody had made a stand-alone version before. (As far as I know at least.) :)

Hi el_hidalgo!
Great that you imported the Warlords Greece map:goodjob:. I put your map in the publics map folder of a fun new ancient era mod, and without really knowing what I was doing made some changes, opened it, and voila, after a few rounds no crashes… you know, I know almost nothing about modding. I don't know what Assuro did with your map, because as a mac user it doesn't work for me. So, if you haven't already, check out Pie's Ancient Europe! Maybe that inspires you to retouch your map with all those new ressources and new stuff that could be giving you ideas.

How well does Persia typically do on this map?

A few ideas I could think of would be

-> persia only customized civics

-> extra free units (settlers/workers) at game start

-> scripted Unit acquisition (at least if led by AI)

Top Bottom