Hellenistic Times Scenario

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
I´m thinking of doing a mod of the remainders of Alexander´s Empire just after the time when the Parthians freed themselves of the Seleucid dominion.
What do you think?
EDIT (3rd September)
Here´s the map finished, with some resources missing (I´ll add them later)

Attachments

• Hellenistic Times.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 297
Hi again!
I think the civilizatons most likely to appear will be:
Macedon; Independent Greek Cities; Thracians; Seleucids; Tolomeic Egypt; Parthians; Armenians;Kingdoms of Galatia, Cappadocia, Bitinia & Ponto; maybe also Arabs or Nabateans.
Later I´ll post a units request because I don´t have the list now.
Bye!

jobiwan7 said:
(Also, it's Ptolomeic Egypt, not Tolomeic Egypt).

At last! Someone has answered!
I´ve checked with the dictionary and its Ptolemaic, so we were both wrong.

I have already thought up a few units I´d tremendously thank anyone who makes them or, if already made, tell me where to download it:

Land units
Three Light Greek Cavalrymen-->Three Heitaroi-->Three Heavy Cataphracts (not AOE, please)
Three light Horse Archers-->Three heavy (armored) Horse Archers
A Phalanx of Six Hoplites-->A Phalanx of Six Heavy Hoplites-->A Phalanx of Six Spartan Hoplites
A Phalanx of Six Mercenary Hoplites
A Phalanx of Six Macedonian/Seleucid Sarissophoroi (Pikemen)-->A Phalanx of Six Macedonian Royal Sarissophoroi (Pikemen)
Thracian Horde (Thracian Mercenaries also)
Two War Elephants-->Two Armored War Elephants
Egyptian Pharaonic Guards
Egyptian Light Cavalrymen
Rodian Slingers (Mercenary)
Naval units
Bireme-->Trireme-->Tetrareme-->Quinquereme
Catapult Tetrareme-->Catapult heptere
Transport Galley

Note: Mercenaries should all be armored/dressed/covered in green for easier identification.
The units in bold are the ones I´ve got in these past few days from people… thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to add:
Peltasts
Heavy Peltasts
Three Cretan Archers (Mercenary)
Three Greek Archers
Three Mid-Eastern Archers
Three Camel Cataphracts (for Parthia, the Parthians were the only ones mad enough to put such an amount of armor onto a camel)
Three Camel Spearmen​

I´ll try to make a few new reources (i.e. camels, bronze) with my beautiful Corel PhotoPaint 6 and/or GIMP, the only graphics programs that work on this *@%&** PC.

Also, does anyone know if you can make different units have different upgrades? It would allow me to make regular units with high costs & cheap upkeep, and mercenary units, (i.e. Cretan Archers) with low production costs & high upkeeps.

I have a few questions:

What do you mean by Three Light Greek Cavalry, Three Hetaroi, etc? Do you want three different units for that category, or a multi-unit with three soldiers in it?

Could you describe what you mean by "make different units have different upgrades"?

You play Rome: Total War, don't you? :D

jobiwan7 said:

The green mercs were a dead give-away :)

Sounds like a promising scenario. One thing I might add is that its usually better to see what graphics you have before you decide on the units.

jobiwan7 said:
I have a few questions:

What do you mean by Three Light Greek Cavalry, Three Hetaroi, etc? Do you want three different units for that category, or a multi-unit with three soldiers in it?
I mean a m-unit with three soldiers in it.
Could you describe what you mean by "make different units have different upgrades"?
Sorry, I was half asleep when I posted that yesterady night. I meant "is it possible for units to have different upkeep costs", not upgrades
I don´t play Rome:Total War, since for some obscure reason it doesn´t work on this computer. The only really useful idea I got from that game is separating Mercenaries by their color, ´cause I saw it once in a friend´s PC.

Answering to Gunner, I haven´t many units. Most of them are Roman or European, and since this is the Middle-East they aren´t of much use. But as I have planned this a bit, I think that I´ve got a general idea about it, except the tech-tree.

varwnos said:
I think that Datych is making a map of the entire region of the hellenistic kingdoms, so you may want to pm him ;)
I don't know what size Takhisis is looking for, but Yoda's "Persian Empire" (100x100) map covers about the right territory. Maybe goes a bit too far east if there's no Bactrians or Indians included, but if that's the only problem there's a utility for chopping maps out there somewhere.

varwnos said:
I think that Datych is making a map of the entire region of the hellenistic kingdoms, so you may want to pm him ;)
Who´s Daytich?

Can I borrow your bizantine empire map, just to get an idea of the general distances in tile numbers?

I've made a few ancient multi-units for a mod I'm working on. You can use them if you want.

Another map you could use is Exsanguination's "Alexander the Great" Map.

All right, jobiwan, where can I download these "ancient units" from?
And who´s Exsanguination anyway? I´m new in this, so i know very few people from here.

Thanks for the map.
Tell me when you release those ancient units, please.

Top Bottom