Hello, my civ5 custom map doesn`t work

HARU_ESTIA

Chieftain
Greetings I am working on civ5 new map but I got crash after 1 turn passed

as there are no dump, error log file exist so I don`t know how to deal with it

Could someone help what is the problem of the error please?

Attachments

• Distopia.Civ5Map
    317.6 KB · Views: 132
I looked at your map-file.

You are doing multiple things I would not do.

1. You have multiple civilizations all set to belonging to the same team. While I would not expect this to cause the CTD it would certainly give results you might not expect.
  2. All of your major player starting locations that I saw were on one-tile islands. This might be causing the CTD if the game cannot see the specified starting point as a good place to create a city, but I would more likely expect to see the AI player never found a capital in such cases. Though there might be a potential CTD issue on higher difficulty settings where multiple units would be stuck in the starting tile with nowhere to go.
  3. As a follow-on to this, there simply isn't enough good land for the size of your map and the number of players you are trying to use.
  4. You have multiple natural wonders huddled adjacent to each other.
    • I cannot remember whether you also had player starting locations adjacent to these set-ups of natural wonders, but if so this could also be the root of the problem, since you might get a unit plopped at game-start onto an impassable tile.
  5. You may or may not have the team #22 issue (I did not look to see if you did) where Barbs will never actually spwan anywhere if a player team is assigned team #22
    • When I use pre-made maps I have made for myself I never specify the specific city-states for the game to use, and I never specify more than a total of 21 major players. This ensures I do not run into the "no Barbs" issue from having a player assigned to Team #22
    • If you merely designate random city-state starting locations but not the actual city-states for the game to use, the game will random-select the city states on game create and place them according to the random city-state starting locations you've designated. Designating more than 41 city-state locations using this method has no ill effects, as the game will never place more than the allowed number, and will randomly select which of the assigned locations for city-states that will be used

I looked at your map-file.

You are doing multiple things I would not do.

1. You have multiple civilizations all set to belonging to the same team. While I would not expect this to cause the CTD it would certainly give results you might not expect.
  2. All of your major player starting locations that I saw were on one-tile islands. This might be causing the CTD if the game cannot see the specified starting point as a good place to create a city, but I would more likely expect to see the AI player never found a capital in such cases. Though there might be a potential CTD issue on higher difficulty settings where multiple units would be stuck in the starting tile with nowhere to go.
  3. As a follow-on to this, there simply isn't enough good land for the size of your map and the number of players you are trying to use.
  4. You have multiple natural wonders huddled adjacent to each other.
    • I cannot remember whether you also had player starting locations adjacent to these set-ups of natural wonders, but if so this could also be the root of the problem, since you might get a unit plopped at game-start onto an impassable tile.
  5. You may or may not have the team #22 issue (I did not look to see if you did) where Barbs will never actually spwan anywhere if a player team is assigned team #22
    • When I use pre-made maps I have made for myself I never specify the specific city-states for the game to use, and I never specify more than a total of 21 major players. This ensures I do not run into the "no Barbs" issue from having a player assigned to Team #22
    • If you merely designate random city-state starting locations but not the actual city-states for the game to use, the game will random-select the city states on game create and place them according to the random city-state starting locations you've designated. Designating more than 41 city-state locations using this method has no ill effects, as the game will never place more than the allowed number, and will randomly select which of the assigned locations for city-states that will be used
wow thank you for answering, I`ll try it

Top Bottom