Help! AGGGHHHH!!!!

To install from CD you should NOT click on the file named "Civ2.exe" as this is the executable (the actual game file). rather you should run the installer that is the file named "installe.exe" (the other two: installf an installg istalls the french and german language versions respectively).

If you still have problems try to *right* click the "INSTALLE.EXE" file in explorer and select Properties, then choose the Compatibility tab (top) then select to run this program in compatibility mode choose Win98 mode.

If this doesnt help try giving a very detailed descripion of what is going on.

Good luck

PS. When an old program that used to run now refuses to, it is a *PERSONAL* insult and must be delt with the only way possible. You FORCE the system to run it *anyway* even if you hate the program otherwise... RUN you @#%!! RUN ... (I feel much better now that I've taken my pill thank you, ehrm :) )

Thank you. I will try promptly your propesed action, and if successful, shall notify the CIV2 world of your good deed. Allow the Heralds to proclaim your everlasting glory.

Or not. Turns out it doesn't work after all. Thank you anyways you're still a cool guy, but my heralds arent going to be proclaiming your glory yet. Or at least your everalasting glory that is. Any further assistance will be greatly apreciated

Try installing "by hand"

That is:
1. *COPY* the entire CIV2 directory (with subdirectories) to the desired location on your HD. You CAN skip the subdirectories:
"<YOUR_CD_DRIVE>:\CIV2\KINGS" (it contains only 32 Mbyte of AVI files)
and
"<YOUR_CD_DRIVE>:\CIV2\GAME2" (which is empty (!))

2. In the directory "<YOUR_CD_DRIVE>:\WING" run the file "WINGSET.EXE" (this will install WinG, a predecessor to DirectX and reqiured to run Civ2)

3. In the directory "<YOUR_CD_DRIVE>:\Wfw_inst" run the file "VFWSETUP.EXE" (this will install the Indeo video drivers)

Create if desired a shortcut to the file "CIV2.EXE" located in the Civ2 directory on your HD (as copied under #1 above).

Top Bottom