HELP! BULL borked my HUD.

InsertNameHere

Chieftain
OK so I'm working with BTS 3.19 with steam on Mac OSX 10.6.4. I installed BUG without any problem earlier today, but I think I did something wrong when trying to install BULL. What happens is everything works OK until I load my game. Then, after the little green bar of loading-gameness finishes filling up, the science advisor (tech tree) pops up, instead of the default camera/worldview/see-your-cities-and-dudes screen. After I close that, I get to the default camera but there no HUD (minimap, order buttons, advisor buttons, etc.). It's just a view of my settler and warrior and the tiles around them but nothing else.

My guess is I didn't follow the installation instructions correctly. I'm also concerned because I replaced a lot of the folders in CustomAssets when I tried to install BULL, and even just restoring those so that the game runs normally, without BULL, would be very nice. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong or how I can fix it?

BTW an auto-install thing would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

Correct, BULL does not work on Macs because MacBTS does not support DLLs. :( You'll need to remove the BULL files you installed. I will make sure to put a warning about Macs in the next release.

I agree that an installer would be helpful, as would lots and lots of free time to build one. ;) I can't use the one for BUG because they are quite different, and my job consumes most of my time these days.

Top Bottom