Help! Cant Win!

In sid, and deity, its possible to be blasted to the the modern age in one turn.

Hmm, maybe someone can find a link to the thread in the stories forum that holds the current record holder.

Originally Posted by emopants
so has anyone been able to win??

emopants... :mad: ... You can win this! Don't listen to anyone who says this game is done or that it is so hard it takes an expert to crack it. You my friend can be the expert if you wish upon and more importantly act upon it!! I'll be honest with you, this is one tough cookie but all is far from ruined. Why don't you think about having another go at this save?

I looked at your screenshot and it looks to me there is a 2/4 medieval infantry and 1 full health beserk sitting right outside your 1 spearman city. You WILL lose that city if you pretend that spearman can be a hero. Do you know any other civs besides the vikings and the japanese? Are they at war with either? What I'd be looking for is a civ that is NOT at war with either that you know that you are at peace with. Now as painful as this sounds, this is the only logical thing to do at this point if you are considering winning -You must sell all the improvements inside that city with the spearman and gift it to that 3rd party civ. Why would I be suggesting you do this? That beserk and several others behind it are coming and if you lose that city it becomes a Viking city. Don't help the enemy. There will be a precious 2 or 3 turn gap before any viking units are outside one or both of your other 2 cities. Those turns mean everything right now and that is all you have. Keep clicking on the vikings each turn to see when they'll talk to you. When they talk, no matter what they ask you (even if its your firstborn child) let them have it. Same thing with the Japanese. Mission objective number 1 is to stop the threat. Do that first and come back to post what happened.

So did you get through the game yet? because I'm taking it as a challenge, and I'm not sure I'll manage to dig out of this pit.

Update: It's 1530 AD, turn 296/540, and I've decimated France, making peace for a world map, Physics, and some gold. France has 1 city left. Finally made contact with the last civ (super-backwards Persia), and I am about to research Military Tradition. The best news: Inca and Korea have a MPP, the Inca attacked me, and I allied with Japan against the Inca, triggered Japan taking the brunt of both of those civs.
When my Alliance runs out my cavs will be waiting on Japan's borders. The only major problem is Japan is in the Industrial age, with railroads. I am still in the Middle Ages.

1605 AD, I've finally declared war on Japan again, after their position as the dominant runaway since before 770 AD. I made some MPPs before war, and some MA's after, and I expect most of the world to be pulled into this. 1st turn sees me taking Bergen and Reykjavik.
4 turns later I'm overwhelmed and will see the loss of my two gained cities.

Originally Posted by drakdan
Words

No I haven't and for a good reason too. This is emopant's game and I would like to see him take this game, play it out, and learn how to deal with situations like this.

I realize you are a great player to have taken this game up to where you are drakdan but emopants won't absorb the thinking you used by sitting here and waiting for someone else to play the game. I read the first few comments on this thread and they were mostly along the lines of "This game is done" etc...
Emopants doesn't need to learn to start new games when things get tough (who can't do that).

Anyway, good job drakdan. Now I want emopants to use his style of play and beat it on his own.

I do not think you have to give up the city.

I don't completely remember, but I think you have a couple of archers? use them to take down the guys threatening your city. Build a barracks and start building horse.

Heck, even if you are down to 1 city, I think the game is beatable, though that is tough.

You could also make peace with scandinavia and build a stack of 10 or 20 vet horses and take your cities back if you want.

"Heck, even if you are down to 1 city, I think the game is beatable, though that is tough."

That is true as the sky is blue

If there are some spare archers to slow down the advance then that's good but you don't want to lose that city to the Vikings. Gifting it is really not as bad as it sounds because lets say you gift it to a civ far away that is relatively backwards. Vikings won't declare war on that civ just to take that city. Build up your military in your other two cities, later on declare war on the backwards civ and take the city back.

Top Bottom