1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Character Creation in Rhino

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Troutline, Aug 10, 2003.

?

How difficult is it to make a human model?

1. I can do it with my eyes closed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fairly easy, 30 minutes tops.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Hard, but doable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A nightmare come true.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Troutline

Troutline Chieftain

Ok, I pirated Rhino 2.0 (I know, but I'm not going to sell anything I make, I'm just using it for Civ 3) but I am having trouble making a good looking human figure.

There are no good downloadable models that I've seen, so I was wondering how do you people make humans in Rhino or any other 3d programs for that matter.

Or if someone could upload a human model (the Infantry model would help me out greatly, but ANY good human figure would do) that I could just change the texture around and make a completely new figure out of it for my model.

P.S.: I've tried 3dcafe.com, but I don't like any of their human meshes, I need a more civ 3 style, cartoony, but still realistic.

If anyone has used a human model for a unit in the past, please upload here.

P.P.S: I don't need any detail on the face, I'm just going to use a sphere, so don't worry about it.

2. Troutline

Troutline Chieftain

Help...........

3. BeBro

BeBro King of the Krauts

Perhaps you shouldn´t have used the p-word....But I thought rhino is freeware anyway? However, I can´t be much helpful since I use other 3d software.

About making humans, I always start with dl-ed stuff, then change it how I want. Not sure how good the modeller of rhino is.....

4. Troutline

Troutline Chieftain

Well, it is demo-ware, v. 3 is anyway, but it always quit on me for no reason, sometimes I would lose tons of work. I just needed a 3d program for creating civ 3 units, nothing else. So I got an outdated version for free, and I have had no problems whatsoever with the program. So please don't hate me for obtaining it without a purchase.

5. Troutline

Troutline Chieftain

Oh, and BeBro, you think you could upload that imperial legionary unit in .3ds? Or at least tell me where I could find one like that.

It looks amazing.

6. BeBro

BeBro King of the Krauts