1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help creating Tech Stagnation Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Mythicalz, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mythicalz

Mythicalz Chieftain

Hello, everyone!

Could someone please be kind and give me a mod file for increasing research time?

I've seen several mods like SloMo on the steam workshop, but I can't get anything via steam :)

Any direct download to a mod that lets me configure research time (or at least just doubles it) and works on multiplayer is heavily appreciated!

Thanks

2. Acken

Acken Deity

What do you mean ? A mod that simply boosts tech costs ?
    Just use whoward's blank mod (an already made mod where you just have to put you code in for it to work).
    => http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/374cbad6-ee46-4478-a389-d7dfc61bfd17/mod.html

And then go to the SQL file and put that code:

UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=Cost*1.20;

This will increase all costs by 20%, if you want 50% put 1.50 etc.

3. Mythicalz

Mythicalz Chieftain

Hello Acken,

Thank you for your reply. I have done as you've said.

My query file looks like this:

--
    -- Blank SQL file for adding your own changes to
    --
    -- BEFORE making any changes to this file enable logging (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482)
    -- Any errors in this file will appear in database.log
    --

-- Insert a value into the Defines table, you can then use SQLiteSpy or the FireFox SQLite plug-in to prove that this file is being executed
    INSERT INTO Defines(Name, Value) VALUES ('_MY_CHANGES_SQL', '1');

-- Add you own SQL code below here (don't forget the semi-colons), and don't forget to check the log files for errors
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost = Cost * 1.50;

I have noticed no changes in the game after enabling the mod and creating a new game in it. My base research time for 1st tier stuff is still at 18 turns (default).

Could it be possible that the tables / fields are named differently? I have checked the .modinfo file and it seems that the query should run because there is:

<OnModActivated>
    <UpdateDatabase>XML/MyXmlChanges.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    <UpdateDatabase>SQL/MySqlChanges.sql</UpdateDatabase>
    <UpdateDatabase>XML/MyUiTextStrings.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    </OnModActivated>

Thanks for your time, I'd love to have this work :)

4. Acken

Acken Deity

5. Mythicalz

Mythicalz Chieftain

Yes! It finally works.

It was my fault, I never actually enabled the addon via the mod settings, I just clicked it instead of enabling it by clicking the control near the name.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Is there anything special I need to do for allowing the mod to run in multiplayer as well?

6. Acken

Acken Deity

I have no experience with MP modding but I know you have to do something specific to use mods in multiplayer.

7. Mythicalz

Mythicalz Chieftain

Alright, I might google that myself a bit.

Thanks again!