1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!: Domestic Advisor + Revolution watch all messed up

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by VladDaImpaler, May 26, 2011.

1. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

I accidentally hit the wrong button and clicked the enter edit mode when looking at domestic advisory and it messed up EVERYTHING now, I didn't even save the settings either, I hit the Crossed out button to reload them and its screwed my domestic advisory, I only have 'executive summary' 'specialization' 'top cities - national (and Global)' 'Military Overview' and my revolution watch doesn't work AT all [it just shows my Domestic Advisor window].
    I deleted and re-installed RoM+AND and it hasn't fixed it yet...

Please can anyone help? This is practically a game breaking issue (without the detailed information, I'm crippled)

P.S. Wtf, the spell check (either its mozilla or the forum) doesn't know what an Advisor is...

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Delete your usersettings folder, in MyDocuments/My Games/BTS

3. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

I don't see a usersettings folder there. The only usersettings folder i could find was in the RoM - AND. and deleting that didn't change anything for me...

4. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

anyone? I don't want to have to uninstall all of civ and re-install it to fix this. It must be a single file that someone could either send via attachment or could be rebuilt by the game by deleting it!
    When trying to revert changes, it talks about a CustDomAdv.ini i think, but deleting it doesn't seem to do anything... Is this mods to domestic advisor and revolutions a BUG mod? There has to be a way to fix this, or replace it, I can't even see what my revolution status is anymore, I'd have to go city by city

5. Kleppo

Kleppo Chieftain

I have the same problem, and couldnt find any user settings folder. Id be happy if someone could help.

6. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

105 views and nothing? come on peeps!

7. StormLord-711-

StormLord-711- Winter is Coming

What exactly does it look like? Did it exit out of the edit settings mode? I suppose you could always use the edit settings mode to reconstruct what the domestic advisor should look like.

By the way, I seem to have the same problem of the rev watch just showing the domestic advisor. Whenever I edit it and click on the save button though, nothing seems to actually be saved, since the next time the game gets started it's back to default and the reload button just seems to reset it to default.

8. Kleppo

Kleppo Chieftain

Same here. When I open the Revolution advisor, it opens the Domestic advisor. And when I edit and save the Domestic advisor, its just default, when I start the game again.

9. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

Should i consider asking around in the RoM folder? Cause it seems like no one knows whats up

10. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

My Domestic Advisor + Revolution is STILL broken :(

I even re-installed the entire game and it still isn't fixed :(
    Anyone know what setting is broken and how to fix it?

11. Afforess

12. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

no, but that IS the window to edit what is shown in the advisor, and instead of clicking the yellow highlighted button i pressed the red crossed out button on the far right, which apparently reloads it default or something...

13. Stelmack

Stelmack Warlord

I also have this problem D: Sadly it does not display the espionage points anymore, and I cannot tell where to put my best buildings.

14. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

one simple problem and no one with a solution. bump.
    Maybe one day someone will help

15. Afforess

I did try - but I could never replicate your issue. I spent a good hour messing around with it.

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Alfoss, you have the correct screen. The error occurs when you CUSTOMIZE it to suit yourself. Try adding or deleting a few columns. Save the file and close the game. When you re-boot the game it defaults back to the original setting and doesn't load you custom settings.

This is the ERROR that's causing the problem.

Where is this Usersettings folder in ../BTS ??

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

At the same level as the Assets folder. Just inside the "Rise of mankind - A New Dawn" folder

18. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

sorry, I should have amended the post, I found the folder, but I don't see what good deleting that will do, it'll just remove all the other required .ini files.

Which ini file so we need to amend to change the default?? or is that located with another folder.

Had a look at a few of the ini's, but couldn't see a reference to default settings.

Thing is its in both Domestic adviser F1, and Revolutions adviser (that che icon in top right :lol: )

19. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

I'm glad to see we are getting the brainstorming, but what I would wonder is why would re-installing AND not fix it? Also, I tried re-installing the ENTIRE game, telling it to delete userdata with each uninstallation. If you know the correct Ini's could we just have someone with a working dom+rev throw them in a zip and attach it to the topic?

20. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Its missing 2 files from the REV_DCM folder.

From memory, you can copy them from the ROM version of the game into RAND .

Probably best to just copy the whole folder of REV_DCM and be down with it.

On Unit naming, I had it in error, its just ^cnt^ (Option 1) (Option 2) from ^ct^ is required.

I use cnt (o) (t), which counts, ordinally (1st, 2nd 3rd etc) individual units from a city. So I get 1st worker from capital city, 2nd worker from capital city, 1st warrior from capital city, etc.