HELP!: Domestic Advisor + Revolution watch all messed up

VladDaImpaler

Chieftain
I accidentally hit the wrong button and clicked the enter edit mode when looking at domestic advisory and it messed up EVERYTHING now, I didn't even save the settings either, I hit the Crossed out button to reload them and its screwed my domestic advisory, I only have 'executive summary' 'specialization' 'top cities - national (and Global)' 'Military Overview' and my revolution watch doesn't work AT all [it just shows my Domestic Advisor window].
I deleted and re-installed RoM+AND and it hasn't fixed it yet...

Please can anyone help? This is practically a game breaking issue (without the detailed information, I'm crippled)

P.S. Wtf, the spell check (either its mozilla or the forum) doesn't know what an Advisor is...

Delete your usersettings folder, in MyDocuments/My Games/BTS

anyone? I don't want to have to uninstall all of civ and re-install it to fix this. It must be a single file that someone could either send via attachment or could be rebuilt by the game by deleting it!
When trying to revert changes, it talks about a CustDomAdv.ini i think, but deleting it doesn't seem to do anything... Is this mods to domestic advisor and revolutions a BUG mod? There has to be a way to fix this, or replace it, I can't even see what my revolution status is anymore, I'd have to go city by city

I have the same problem, and couldnt find any user settings folder. Id be happy if someone could help.

What exactly does it look like? Did it exit out of the edit settings mode? I suppose you could always use the edit settings mode to reconstruct what the domestic advisor should look like.

By the way, I seem to have the same problem of the rev watch just showing the domestic advisor. Whenever I edit it and click on the save button though, nothing seems to actually be saved, since the next time the game gets started it's back to default and the reload button just seems to reset it to default.

Same here. When I open the Revolution advisor, it opens the Domestic advisor. And when I edit and save the Domestic advisor, its just default, when I start the game again.

no, but that IS the window to edit what is shown in the advisor, and instead of clicking the yellow highlighted button i pressed the red crossed out button on the far right, which apparently reloads it default or something...

I also have this problem D: Sadly it does not display the espionage points anymore, and I cannot tell where to put my best buildings.

Alfoss, you have the correct screen. The error occurs when you CUSTOMIZE it to suit yourself. Try adding or deleting a few columns. Save the file and close the game. When you re-boot the game it defaults back to the original setting and doesn't load you custom settings.

This is the ERROR that's causing the problem.

Where is this Usersettings folder in ../BTS ??

Alfoss, you have the correct screen. The error occurs when you CUSTOMIZE it to suit yourself. Try adding or deleting a few columns. Save the file and close the game. When you re-boot the game it defaults back to the original setting and doesn't load you custom settings.

This is the ERROR that's causing the problem.

Where is this Usersettings folder in ../BTS ??

At the same level as the Assets folder. Just inside the "Rise of mankind - A New Dawn" folder

sorry, I should have amended the post, I found the folder, but I don't see what good deleting that will do, it'll just remove all the other required .ini files.

Which ini file so we need to amend to change the default?? or is that located with another folder.

Had a look at a few of the ini's, but couldn't see a reference to default settings.

Thing is its in both Domestic adviser F1, and Revolutions adviser (that che icon in top right :lol: )

I'm glad to see we are getting the brainstorming, but what I would wonder is why would re-installing AND not fix it? Also, I tried re-installing the ENTIRE game, telling it to delete userdata with each uninstallation. If you know the correct Ini's could we just have someone with a working dom+rev throw them in a zip and attach it to the topic?

Its missing 2 files from the REV_DCM folder.

From memory, you can copy them from the ROM version of the game into RAND .

Probably best to just copy the whole folder of REV_DCM and be down with it.

On Unit naming, I had it in error, its just ^cnt^ (Option 1) (Option 2) from ^ct^ is required.

I use cnt (o) (t), which counts, ordinally (1st, 2nd 3rd etc) individual units from a city. So I get 1st worker from capital city, 2nd worker from capital city, 1st warrior from capital city, etc.

Top Bottom