1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Downloading Rise of Mankind!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by MrJones325, Jun 11, 2010.

1. MrJones325

MrJones325 Chieftain

So I searched all over the forums and google for a solution, but I couldn't find one so I made an account.
    I recently got Civilization, and have used smaller mods before, but this is the biggest modpack I have ever used. Basically I put it in my mods folder, but It will not appear at all in game.
    When I first tried extracting it, I got error messages, so I instead extracted it straight to desktop and moved the folder. That didn't work, so I tried directly extracting it to mods again, and it did, but it still wont appear.
    I downloaded this game off of Steam, so I tried both the Firaxis directory and the Steam directory, neither letting it appear.
    I also recently downloaded Civ Gold, but due to uninstalling and reinstalling civ 4 and BtS, I lost it (although the picture of the space shuttle is still on the main menu).

I think it may be a problem with Vista, but I have no idea, can anybody help???

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

3. frenzy5

frenzy5 Chieftain

same problem here. I just posted for help in the RoM forum. this is my first attempt at downloading and installing a mod though. hopefully someone with more experience can figure it out.

4. Chile

Chile Chieftain

Hey there...

...are you sure you placed the directory under civ4/BTS/mods (and not civ4/mods) ?
    If so, try this: open civ4/bts/_Civ4Config with a text editor.
    Search for: 'Specify a Mod folder' and change the '0' to 'Mods\Rise of Mankind'.

save + exit

When you start BTS now, the game will automatically load RoM.
    To unload you have to change back to '0'.

Good luck.

5. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Chile please reply
    I Did what you said
    I Even tried various

Riseofmankind
    RiseofManknd
    RiseOfMankind
    RiseofMankind2.91
    But i keep on getting this error when running civ4
    Mods/Riseofmankind Is not a valid dirtonary,ingoring
    Or however that goes

Firs i was like :woohoo::woohoo:
    But dident work so then:shake:
    tried various things(names)then:cry:

6. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Chieftain

Andreas, you already have a topic in which you're asking for help. Please stick to that topic, it makes helping easier.

7. Andres12345

Andres12345 Noob

Lol sry

8. 330H

330H Chieftain

im having the same problem. i dont know what you mean by text editor. i extrated files to the mods folder but will not show up in the game. what do i do?