Help find a couple things

First one is a quickie...how close together settlements can be founded. I know in C4C it is two squares, and in TAC it is changed to three squares, but I don't know the name or location of the controlling variable.

EDIT: Okay, found that. Thanks to Melinko's guide to global defines!

Second one is something I found while looking for the first, thought briefly about in passing, didn't figure out the full extent of, and then couldn't find again. It looked like some sort of on/off switch for razing settlements. I do not know if it would allow abandoning them, or some sort of raze on retaking them, or what it might do. It was in a TAC folder somewhere, so I also don't know if it has some analog in the vanilla game or if it is strictly part of TAC.

Any info much appreciated!

Second one is something I found while looking for the first, thought briefly about in passing, didn't figure out the full extent of, and then couldn't find again. It looked like some sort of on/off switch for razing settlements. I do not know if it would allow abandoning them, or some sort of raze on retaking them, or what it might do. It was in a TAC folder somewhere, so I also don't know if it has some analog in the vanilla game or if it is strictly part of TAC.

Any info much appreciated!

Native settlements will always be razed when conquering them. This is true for the human player as well as for AI-controlled colonial players.
If you as human player conquer the settlement of another (AI)-controlled colonial player, you will get a requester asking you for installing a new "gouvernor" for that settlement or for razing it.
The AI decides based on different values and calculations done in the DLL.

So, in general it is possible to lose and retake a settlement several times in a row, as long as the AI doesn't raze it somewhere in this flow.

Abandoning settlements is not possible in vanilla Col nor in TAC.

Top Bottom