1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help from Emperor to Immortal.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Sharples, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Sharples

Sharples Prince

This seems to be a big jump for me that I just cannot do. I'm getting better at Emperor, I've been on it for a good 500 hours now. And I feel like I've halted at it, I think I'm ready to go on Immortal difficulty. I would like tips on how to make that jump, such as avoiding early wonders.

Thanks.

2. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

Worker steal, and whomever you steal from plunder them, too.

3. MrDumpstertrash

MrDumpstertrash Chieftain

There's literally another thread just like this

4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

That's actually the main theme for Immortal. Sometimes the mid game wonders aren't even reliable on Immortal (but that depends upon the hammer production of your capital)

Also, avoid like the plague a Piety start on Immortal until you've gotten several wins under your belt under your choice of Tall Tradition or Wide Liberty.

Science is King tactics is key to first catching up with the AIs and later on taking a tech lead. On Immortal in some games an AI in actually in the game with the correct flavors and so keeps tech parity with you until you build Hubble. In others, they aren't and you'll get a tech lead before Industrial era.

With timing of a new cultural victory dependent upon several mid game wonders, the first time you seek a cultural victory on Immortal you may want to play Incas rather than France.

5. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Well, I'm currently doing my first immortal game as Venice.

It seems their Great Galleass come very early and are pretty powerful against units and cities, I love them. I managed to get Great Lighthouse and Colossus, two good wonders for merchant points, gold and movement. Then I started to tech up t compass, then education and started going into the lower part of the tech tree, to see if I could get Leaning Tower of Pisa. Didn't manage to get it, but was close.

I managed to take Portugals cities including the capital. Although on the very last turn I was about to destroy her, she makes a city up east. >.< I'll show pictures soon.

6. neilkaz

neilkaz King

You may want to leave Maria with that lone new city as the war monger diplo penalty for genocide is very harsh.

7. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Yeah, I'm going to. Right now I'm focusing on taking out Poland and Spain. As they were both on the other continent, so was Attila. Attila was beating beaten out by Poland, and I sought the opporunity to take both of their coastal cities, which I could use as bases for an artillery rush on Poland. Since of course, they're overpowered and way ahead in all demographics. I'm trying to Embargo Poland, (hopefully it works).

As soon as I took Attila out, they both declared war on me, Spain and Poland. Unfortunely they retook the cities I got from Attila. But I'm fighting their units back with frigates, Poland has Winged Hussars and Spain still has Conqustadors.

I'm going to post some pictures right now. Hold on a second. :)

Edit 1: Alright going to add these pictures in now.

Just go to this link and look at the four most recent pictures: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sharples88/screenshots/?appid=8930

8. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Bump, any advise for current game? :)