<Value>15</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="CITY_GROWTH_MULTIPLIER">
<Value>8</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="CITY_GROWTH_EXPONENT">
<Value>1.5</Value>
</Row>

From what I understand, 15 is the base food needed for a city to grow from 1 to 2, correct? How does it affect growth from size 2 to 3 and so on?

What does the multiplier 8 do and how would changing this in either direction affect growth?
I figure it cannot mean that from size 2 to 3 a city needs 15*8 food (120) and from 3 to 4 a city needs 15*120 (1800) because the numbers would get insane pretty fast.

City Growth exponent I have no idea what this might mean, which would slow down city growth, increasing or decreasing this?

See this thread for how these are used in the calculation of the food needed for the next city-size: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-city-growth-formula.403114/

The CITY_GROWTH_EXPONENT is a mathematical exponent, which means the number of times to multiply a number times itself. so 23 = 2 * 2 * 2 = 8. "3" is the exponent. For fractional exponents (ie, 1.5) the calculation is more complex and I cannot remember off the top of my head the rule to figure for example what 21.5 would result as.

Thanks, I would probably not have found that link if you hadn't posted :)

I set the values to this:

<Row Name="BASE_CITY_GROWTH_THRESHOLD">
<Value>22</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="CITY_GROWTH_MULTIPLIER">
<Value>12</Value>
</Row>
<Row Name="CITY_GROWTH_EXPONENT">
<Value>1.6</Value>
</Row>

According to the calculations, growing now takes 45-46% more food at the first levels, then 43-44% until it starts taking 45-54% from 20 to 100 population.

Top Bottom