1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! How to stops the ads?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Nobody, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

So i let my brother use my computer, and he downloaded a program to change videos from one type to another. But along with it came a million ads. Iv deleted the program, and iv deleted the tool bars it gave google chrome but i still get loads of adds, pop ups, random links in everything i read.

Help!!

2. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles uolǝɯɹǝʇɐʍ

I'd try MalwareBytes. It's good at getting rid of rogue programs.

By the way, for video converters, you can't really beat ffmpeg. FFCoder is a good frontend.

Unfortunately, it's one of those categories of software that seem to attract all the scammers and spammers.

3. TheMeanestGuest

TheMeanestGuest Warlord

If you don't have a proper antivirus program, I could recommend either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials as being pretty decent free protection.

Use that and Malwarebytes, as previously suggested, and hopefully your problem will be gone. Sometimes these things can be really stubborn, and there's always the possibility that you might have to reformat, but you should be fine.