Help in switchin civs

Felipe Angelim

Chieftain
I'm sorry to bother you all. But I looked like crazy for a thread thar had this information, and coldn't find none. I read about some people using a code in RFC BTS for switching civs in a unlimited way, and I would LOVE to do that, since my fun in playing this mod is founding cities and such. Can someone give me a hint how to edit some archive to get thar result (or better: giving it to me already edited, since I'm a total amateur in pyton and such)?

I think he meant actual civilizations, not civics, and yes you're right, I'm pretty sure somebody did do this. Unfortunately, I can't help you with a link or anything.

It's enough to comment (adding # before) the line
self.setAlreadySwitched(True)
inside Riseandfall.py

Thank you so much, Rhye. It worked! By the way, there's another modification to allow changing to a civilization next to you? (I discovered that I can't do it right now :(

it's a bit more complicated.
edit CvRFCEventHandler.py
search for "SHIFT-ALT-Q"
and replace
self.rnf.setCheatMode(True);
with
gc.getGame().setActivePlayer(con.iNetherlands, False)

(replace iNetherlands with i+civname)

Is "Riseandfall.py" in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhysandfall ?

it's in:
Sid Meier´s Civilization 4 complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\rhys and fall of civilizations\assets\python
if i remember it right.

Thanks!

I can't seem to find it at all. I don't have the Rhys and Fall folder in mods (I don't know how I play it without it), probably because I messed it up in some way while I was failing to install the patch properly. When I try to get previous versions of the Mods folder, the Rhys and Fall folder doesn't have python under assets. Odd.

Yeah, I'm the same person who's only posts are technical questions, but I eventually get it. I patched my game, downloaded RAND and patched BtS itself(things I never thought I could do). But I do not understand this completely. I found the RFC.py file I need, but I can't open it. I don't know if I need to be on the Administrator account on my computer, because that is usually the problem. I am also a bigger fan of RAND, but I didn't want to start my own thread there, so what would I need to do differently to do that.
Screenshots usually help me and if what I said didn't make sense, I can give screenshots too.

Thank you. (and sorry for bumping an old thread)

It's enough to comment (adding # before) the line
inside Riseandfall.py

OK. I made progress. Found the line self.setAlreadySwitched(True) But I don't know what "add # before the line" means. I circled it on notebook:

What exactly do I do?

o_O

the line you highlighted should become:
#self.setAlreadySwitched(True)
from

(this means the line will be ignored by the computer while reading the file. It's technically called "commenting" a line since it is often used to insert comments in the code to explain what it does.)

Thanks a lot OD. I didn't know Rhye literally meant add 'Shift 3'. I'm learning.
Actually, I just spent the last 20 minutes reading the python files to see the city name map, among other things. I added my first ModMod (VD) and edited the code to create Real Cities from the ModMod page. I love knowing stuff about computers! :king:
I'm going to do this now.

Edit: Done. Gonna play a new game

Top Bottom