1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help- installing civ with steam

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Zayl_Nervosa, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Zayl_Nervosa

Zayl_Nervosa Chieftain

So I had civ v before but I deleted steam in an effort to try and fix another issue but I forgot to move my game files before hand and lost them all. I them re installed steam and tried to download civ v but it first takes forever to verify then just refused to download properly. The download count will say 5/5 gigs downloaded bit I will have nothing of it on my computer it will then continuously say it is updating but won't actually be downloading anything. I originally thought this was just another issue with needing to re install steam but I can download other games with ease. Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this I have a relatively crappy laptop but have played civ on it in the past sure it's a bit laggy but it worked now I'm jonesing for some civ and can't play.

2. Zayl_Nervosa

Zayl_Nervosa Chieftain

By the way I realize I may have posted this in the wrong forum amidst my frustration

3. Civrules

Civrules We the People

Try setting a different location for the download. And make sure your steam is up to date.