Help installing FfH 2 please

gerwalk

Chieftain
I run Windows 7, a 64-bit system and when I click on the executable file to install the game a screen pops up saying that my system is incomparable with the program. I've tried using 7-zip but have the same result.

Can anyone help? I'm not a computer or tech person by the way. Thanks.

I run Windows 7, a 64-bit system and when I click on the executable file to install the game a screen pops up saying that my system is incomparable with the program. I've tried using 7-zip but have the same result.

Can anyone help? I'm not a computer or tech person by the way. Thanks.

do you have the 3.19 patch for civ IV?

Strange, unpacking the archive though 7-zip (right click on exe icon - 7-zip - extract files) should work. The mod folder is in $OUTDIR directory.

I have Win 7 64 bit as well. It's best if you install the whole game plus latest patch as admin with Win XP SP3 compatibility and the same goes for all the mods you'd like to add. So far, FfH 2 is working fine on my computer.

For me it sounds like the file is corrupted somehow; maybe the download was interrupted and you have only a partial file. Check the file size, if it is less than 373 MB you'll have to download it again.

I have windows7 64-bit and I can confirm Civ4 and FFH2 works flawlessly with it. I don't think I ever had to touch any compatibility settings regarding to Civ4. Anyway you might want to consider installing civ4 in some other location than the default "c:\program files" because w7 prevents unauthorized write there (it causes all kind of troubles like having to run game as elevated user etc). Better choice might be to make folder c:\games\ and install civ4 there. This way you don't have to touch UAC settings or run the game as admin

Don't forget to grab all patches when you get this working
first, get latest official patch "o" from
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1
and then
Tholal's Pyre Zombie/Sons of Asena fix (unofficial patch "p") from
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9730746&postcount=3966

ps. DOH! - I just noticed this is three weeks old post.. well I'll post this anyway since could not find evidence that gerwalk got this working :)

Anyway you might want to consider installing civ4 in some other location than the default "c:\program files" because w7 prevents unauthorized write there (it causes all kind of troubles like having to run game as elevated user etc). Better choice might be to make folder c:\games\ and install civ4 there. This way you don't have to touch UAC settings or run the game as admin
Personally I recommend this for EVERYTHING your installing not just games, makes life alot easier.

Top Bottom