[HELP] Making a civ pack R.E.D compatible

Allinuse

Chieftain
I have gone through all the civ mods I've downloaded and made the ones I could compatible and the one's I couldn't I got rid of. There is however one that I really want to keep that I can't seem to get to work, the India civ pack. It's organized a bit differently that the other pack I did get to work (Celtic civ pack), in that each civ doesn't have it's own folder. The problem is that the units are showing up nothing like India's units, but as Africans.

I tried to first create one SQL file with the lines for all 4 civs but that did not work, so I created 4 separate files in the SQL folder.

Spoiler Chola :

UPDATE Civilizations SET ArtStyleSuffix =
( CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT ArtStyleSuffix FROM Civilizations WHERE ArtStyleSuffix = "_INDIA")
THEN "_INDIA"
ELSE "_ASIA" END
) WHERE Type = "CIVILIZATION_CHOLA"

Spoiler Maratha :

( CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT ArtStyleSuffix FROM Civilizations WHERE ArtStyleSuffix = "_INDIA")
THEN "_INDIA"
ELSE "_ASIA" END
) WHERE Type = "CIVILIZATION_MARATHA"

Spoiler Maurya :

THEN "_INDIA"
ELSE "_ASIA" END
) WHERE Type = "CIVILIZATION_MAURYA"

Spoiler Mughal :

THEN "_INDIA"
ELSE "_ASIA" END
) WHERE Type = "CIVILIZATION_MUGHAL"

Spoiler modinfo :
Added entries under "Files":

<File md5="629f78a61c5d0a9dd5241139bb1cc728" import="1">SQL/REDChola.sql</File>
<File md5="664988315b084f81dfb3a5a499b7ca9d" import="1">SQL/REDMaratha.sql</File>
<File md5="57b3ea663462b38e65aa8858c4e5ce40" import="1">SQL/REDMaurya.sql</File>
<File md5="48609f4822202219ef0680d725b04f3c" import="1">SQL/REDMughal.sql</File>

Added entries under "OnModActivated":

<UpdateDatabase>SQL/REDChola.sql</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>SQL/REDMaratha.sql</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>SQL/REDMaurya.sql</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>SQL/REDMughal.sql</UpdateDatabase>

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

Just had to move the entries in the modinfo file down so they were the newest entries in each area, instead of having them by other SQL entries.

Last edited:
FYI, besides file load order within a mod, you may also have to worry about load order between mods. You either need to 1. add an entry for the one you want to run first in the References section of the .modinfo file of the one that you want to run second, or 2. add a SQL trigger that will re-run your SQL statement every time a change to the Civilizations table occurs.

Did not think the load order between mods was important in Civ, thanks for the info. It did work just changing the load order within the mods this time, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Top Bottom