Help me getting Started

persisT

Chieftain
Hello there dear community. I just registered here (have been a guest for more than 5 years for sure) in order not only to get active but to be enlightened in some stuff that i currently have no knowledge.

I have taken a break of ~1year playing civ and i think of returning once again playing this awesome game. I have played 400 hours of it and all these hours are with no mods, so you can understand from that, that i have no experience around them. I decided to search about mods that alter a little bit the gameplay and i think that Communitas Project seems the most ideal for my purpose. I want to play with a better AI that acts better in game and can compete not only by having many bonuses but also by doing smart decisions (instead of dumb that it currently does). So this project seems fine to me and i would like to try it out but while reading forums i got confused a lot about its current state and what should i download. I do want to download cat and ceg but as i have read ( of course i may be mistaken since i am new here in the forums and in the modding scene [as a user]) about different versions of it like 3.16,3.16 with mod mods or something,3.16s of various modders and one 3.17 ? which one should i download ?

Apart from that i want to ask one more question which may be offtopic, but it's definetely kinda related. Except from playing with better AI and some new gameplay stuff i want to try out WITH the Communitas Project some awesome Civilizations people have created. Would i be able to run them together with cep ? If not can i do-change sth in order to being able to play them ? Basically i want so much to add more civs in my game since it feels like playing Dota 2 for example with more new heroes; adds something refreshing in the game especially for a guy that has been playing 400 without mods. Last but not least when i am talking about new Civs i am referring to Civs by popular modders like Tomatekh (or sth like that) and other guys that have made plenty of new high quality civs.

That's all for now folks, i hope someone would help me so i can play even more hours of my favourite strategy game !

EDIT: some typos

I am not really the best one to inform you, but If I am correct, development has been shifted from communitas to the community patch project. ATM it is a bugfix patch with small balance changes, some more in depth features coming soon I reckon.

Dont know about new CIVS, but what got me into Community Patch Project was the compatibility with City State Diplomacy and CIV4 Diplo features. Much Much easier to get to work than this.

My honest advice? Wait a bit, pop once in a while to check the CPP, personally I will do the same. Interesting to keep tabs on is the Comunity Call to Power mod, getting a major rework pretty soon.

TL;DR Wait a bit, awesome mods getting updated Soon^tm

I am not really the best one to inform you, but If I am correct, development has been shifted from communitas to the community patch project. ATM it is a bugfix patch with small balance changes, some more in depth features coming soon I reckon.

Dont know about new CIVS, but what got me into Community Patch Project was the compatibility with City State Diplomacy and CIV4 Diplo features. Much Much easier to get to work than this.

My honest advice? Wait a bit, pop once in a while to check the CPP, personally I will do the same. Interesting to keep tabs on is the Comunity Call to Power mod, getting a major rework pretty soon.

TL;DR Wait a bit, awesome mods getting updated Soon^tm

Thanks for the answer mate. Gonna check for CPP since you mentioned it. But since development shifted towards CPP, does that mean that Communitas Project will not see any future update ?

Thanks for the answer mate. Gonna check for CPP since you mentioned it. But since development shifted towards CPP, does that mean that Communitas Project will not see any future update ?

I dont think so, I think CPP is supposed to eventually surpass Communitas

I dont think so, I think CPP is supposed to eventually surpass Communitas

Alrighty then. I asked a few questions over at CPP forum zone. I hope i can manage getting a Communitas Project or CPP to work with some new Civs eventually !

Top Bottom