Help me play on DEMIGOD difficulty

invector

Warlord
Hello folks,

Here's my last game with Iroquois on Emperor Difficulty: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12861232

So, here are my map details:

Worldsize: Standard
Maptype: Pangaea(60% water)
Barbarians: Raging
Climate: Arid
Temperature: Warm

Race: Maya

Rivals: All random
Victory Conditions: All except wonder
cultural conversions disabled
AI aggression: normal

DIFFICULTY: DEMIGOD

I think you should have founded at the riverside, although I don't know what the losts would be without that cow and that whale, so maybe you did it right. Can't think about it right now.

It's just weird an agri civ with the capitol without a river.

I think you should have founded at the riverside, although I don't know what the losts would be without that cow and that whale, so maybe you did it right. Can't think about it right now.

It's just weird an agri civ with the capitol without a river.

You're right... I'm trying to get a better position now.

A quick summary of what happened:

I started by making a warrior, then a granary, and settlers with my capital. I rapidly expanded towards luxury resources, and captured silk, ivory, and spices. Got my iron, but Hittites beat me to horses. tried to get the far away furs too, but sumerians got them.

To my north, there is Celts, south is Hittites, and Southeast is Sumerians.

I made good tech deals, got some techs and sold some techs, now I'm a little backwards, but its ok. I can use Swordsmen to attack, I don't need to defend.

Then, inca decides to invade with 3 archers, 4 warriors, 2 spears, and 2 medieval infantry. I defend good. Then I declare war to Sumerians, to get their furs. I made a deal with technologically backwards Celts, to attack both my enemies.

Now I have a good economy, and trying to get furs from Sumerians. When I do get furs from them, I'll buy Feudalism and Engineering, and make my way towards Military Tradition.

I think I'm doing pretty well in Demigod!

Looks pretty good. This is a small map, right? Then chances are that you are going to get very far with just Swordsmen and MI. So, why not use your money to upgrade all those warriors that you still have? ~50 Swords is quite an army.

Looks pretty good. This is a small map, right? Then chances are that you are going to get very far with just Swordsmen and MI. So, why not use your money to upgrade all those warriors that you still have? ~50 Swords is quite an army.

Needed the monies for techs, though I did quite a few of upgrades.

This is a standard map, by the way.

Being the only owner of ivory, I constructed Statue of Zeus in Chichen Itza.

I made my war with Sumerians. Haven't made peace with Inca yet, as they declared war, it gives me happiness(dunno why? but when I make peace, people get unhappy).

Acquired from Sumerians:
7 cities, founded two more cities in between, thus, 9 cities(as of now)
The Hanging Gardens
Copernicus' Observatory
The Pyramids (yay!)
Sistine Chapel

Now I'm preparing to attack hittites, because I want some techs from them, and they have leonardo's workshop. I'm upgrading my troops as much as I can, making defensive troops for north(a lot of war activity, celts are being destroyed by inca), and I settled two more cities at north also. I'm going to keep the peace with inca and vikings as much as possible.

Now I'm militaristic, but scientifically backwards than other nations, because I give my gpt to others(sumeria, most). I will try to get hittites to give me a lot of techs, and I'll buy other techs from sumerians, and then, who knows?

Time for an update, I think.

Wonders I control(that aren't obsolete): The Pyramids, Copernicus' Observatory, Sistine Chapel, Leonardo's Workshop, and Smith's Trading Company.

My army:

46 workers
75 cavalry
30 infantry
20 artillery

And I'm making cavalries from all cities. Somehow I feel weaker than my previous Emperor game... Probably because the land is so small.

Will update when I eliminate Vikings :)

Update: I have all the rubber available on the map! I won't trade this out to anyone, and I'll win for sure! I'll just build tanks and run everyone over!

Now I conquered Trondheim and I control four more wonders, two of them obsolete(Colossus and Oracle) and two of them are usable (Sun Tzu's Art of War and JS Bach's Cathedral).

I've finished my game, check it out.

Spoiler :

Now I'll try my luck on deity.

How the heck did you get so many cities up before 0AD? Did you have a settler factory? On a good day I could beat Emperor but with your style it looks like you wouldn't have a problem (hence the upgrade to Demigod I take it).

Top Bottom