1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me please...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Blaer, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Blaer

Blaer Chieftain

I'll start by apologizing, I'm pretty green at this stuff...
    I follow the "install" instructions, which are merely "copy here" instructions,
    and in theory, even my girlfriend could do this... Why then does it frustrate me?
    Everytime I try to "Load a mod" and pick one of the star trek ones, it crashes...
    Am I a tool? Are all of them different mods? Or should they be scenarios? Honestly frustrated to a new level... And they say the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results... But I want so very much to play these mods (being the Trekkie that I am) that I just try and talk reason to my computer... Literally sitting there saying to it "if you load it ip this time I promise I'll buy you a better fan, maybe even underclock your CPU so you don't have to work so hard... JUST load the game!!!!"
    that's my rant... I don't even know where to start... Do I need toake sure I'm updated?I haven't tried without the patch yet... Might that work? I dunno.. Even just some confidence building, or consoling replies would be appreciated at this point...
    Thanks in advance...

2. Blaer

Blaer Chieftain

Ok... So.... I did a little more homework.... I'm currently updating to 3.19 (silly me) and I'll post again when I'm finished... Hopefully I'll be able to ask for this thread to be deleted and live only in my memory as a silly move...
    To be continued (hopefully deleted...)

3. Blaer

Blaer Chieftain

Ok... Sorry it took so long, got it working and it was hard to pull away...
    Admin, please delete these wasted bits and bytes... Oh yeah... One last thing while this is still up... AWESOME!!!!!!

4. Blaer

Blaer Chieftain

So this thread still lives... I've been playing a LAN game with my friend... Turns are long... But we love it anyway... We talk in between turns about strategies and production orders and whatnot... Again, turns take their sweet time, apart from that though, only went oos twice, and the first time was right at the beginning... The second time happened as a starbase did a ranged attack... Long weekends are never long enough when you have a good game going...