[GS] Help me with my current game

Playing as Hungary, I am facing an aggressive AI. Rome to my North declared war on me early and attacked several of my cities. I've beaten Rome back for now but they absolutely refuse to make peace. And now, Brazil as declared war on me too and seems to have a sizeable force. I've lost a few units from my war with Rome so not sure how I can beat back Brazil too. Canada did friend me and declared war on Rome. I feel like I am probably going to lose Estergom unless the AI is really dumb. Even if I do hold off Brazil, I am falling behind in science and don't have any iron. I have also attached the save if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Thanks

upload_2019-2-27_20-50-13.png

Attachments

• MATTHIAS CORVINUS 138 540 AD.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Looks like it will be close and probably depends on if you have already built any xbows... if not then your walls will not be able to damage your foes enough.
You are on -7 gold
Why are you building a spearman?
You do not even have the gold to buy a chariot for your own death march.

Looks like your largest mistake is getting lots of districts up before you can afford to keep both them and an army.
Sorry... do not feel I can help with this one. Not my game speed.

Looks like it will be close and probably depends on if you have already built any xbows... if not then your walls will not be able to damage your foes enough.
You are on -7 gold
Why are you building a spearman?
You do not even have the gold to buy a chariot for your own death march.

Looks like your largest mistake is getting lots of districts up before you can afford to keep both them and an army.
Sorry... do not feel I can help with this one. Not my game speed.

Thanks. No worries. I know that this game is most likely a lost cause. I messed up this one.

You have 3 archers and 3 mele units, that would be enough to beat his greater army with how bad the AI plays. The problem is your units are out of place and his are ready to attack in 2 turns.
Your wall in 4 turns will come in handy too. So thing is, can you survive for 4 or 5 turns until the wall is done and your units arrive?
Well, you are also losing gold quite badly :/

Maybe the coast city isnt working one of the many 3 gold tiles it has. Right now that 25 turn crowssbow isnt going to help

You have 3 archers and 3 mele units, that would be enough to beat his greater army with how bad the AI plays. The problem is your units are out of place and his are ready to attack in 2 turns.
Your wall in 4 turns will come in handy too. So thing is, can you survive for 4 or 5 turns until the wall is done and your units arrive?
Well, you are also losing gold quite badly :/

I think my cities might still be focused on food and production, not sure.

What did you do to get -7 gold? I never have negative Gold.
The main mistake was not accepting the reality, that you will need to go to war.
You are still researching a peaceful tech, that gives no gold either.

It can be probably won if you roll back 10 turns. I usually do that If I loose. (Then I don't continue the game to win, as I have already lost, just to know what should have been done)
I played same games in my civ games history with 50-100 reloads and rewinds (mostly in civ4 where diety was brutal for me) just to lear what is the best action.

As of this game, even if you are sort on gold, you need to get 190 somehow (or 95 if you have mercenaries) to upgrade the crossbowman imho.
You can also cut the forests to speed up some military units.

Top Bottom