help me with the zulu

Cruise missiles aren't fatal ("...destroys everything...") for land units in an umodded game.

elmerfudd0370,
maybe you play a scenario?
What's the game version?
"Normal" Civ3 at what patch level (civ3 v1.29 is commonly called "vanilla" over her) or the Play-The-World-Expansion"?

definitely sounds like you are playing a mod elmerfudd0370... that would explain why i can't play your save game and the 'laser' that destroys everything.

I would recommend playing through vanilla civ3 untill you get the hang of the game... also it would help up to help you a lot better.

The actual patch (1.29) is highly recommended, epecially if you have the
1.07-version (version number is stated on the "starting screen", i.e. where you choose to start a new game; IIRC it's in the bottom left corner of the screen). Upgrading right now might cripple your game, the version confusion might explain the load errors (although I once succeded loading a pre-patched game :hmm: ). So could tell your version number? And it's not a modded game?
Also, I don't know if mac-save-files are compatible.
Maybe you could just post a screenie, preferably showing that strange Zulu unit?
Any other screenie might help, too, to see if the game is eventually modded.
To take a screenie, hit "print screen" key, exit game or toggle directly to "Paint", choose "paste" and save the stuff.

For your nuke problem: look at a city screen (captital might be best); if there's alu and uranium in the strat resource box (upper left corner) and Manhattan Project is built yet, you can produce nukes (assuming you got all techs - but "future tech" sounds like) in that city. F7 screen will show if Manhattan Project is already built.
edit: you can build Manhattan P. on your own in a city that has just acces to uranium.

I *think* you use a mod. If so, you may ask in the related forum thread (if there is one, that is).

ok guys i did download the patch. went and made peace with all the other civs. but now I was wondering how do I get the workers to build the remaining roads needed so I can trade and get the things i need to get tanks. and the nukes? any help will be greatly appreciated

also I have all the techs. just cant trade yet. i have roads. and all the cis are builing them just not connected yet. so i do get the workers to connect all the roads so i can start trading resources

you will need to build workers. Build lots of them and move them to the areas you want to build roads and hit [r]. Or you can automate them by hitting [a] and they will build where roads are needed.

you nees aluminium and uranium in the resource box in your cities and then you will be able to build them. Can you build modern armor? if you can build tanks but not modern armor you are lacking aluminium. Can you build nuclear subs in your coastal cities? if not you are lacking uranium. You can read about resources at: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3resources.shtml
Also check out the info about units at: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3units.shtml

As well as Fission, you need Space Flight for tactical nukes, and Satellites for ICBMS.

The technical and resource dependencies of weapons are listed and clickable right in the Civilopedia entries for them. No one can build Nukes until one civ has done Manhattan, but after it's done, each civ still needs the appropriate technologies, and the resources, to build them.

If you have all the Tech advances you need, but the things you want to builod are not showing up in the list, then you don't have all the required resources.

"Modern Armor" is a unit just like any other unit, as are ICBMs - build them in a city (they are not Tech advances or anything - they are built by individual cities).

Build workers, send them to your city closest to the neighbour you want to trade with, click Ctrl and R together (that is 'Build Road To...") then click the mouse in the square that you want to build the road to. The worker will build road in each square from the city to where you clicked automatically.
Note: it is best not to command him to build right into another Civs territory unless you are depserate fro trade and are confident the other civ won't declare war and steal your workers.

If you have all the Tech advances you need, but the things you want to builod are not showing up in the list, then you don't have all the required resources.

"Modern Armor" is a unit just like any other unit, as are ICBMs - build them in a city (they are not Tech advances or anything - they are built by individual cities).

Build workers, send them to your city closest to the neighbour you want to trade with, click Ctrl and R together (that is 'Build Road To...") then click the mouse in the square that you want to build the road to. The worker will build road in each square from the city to where you clicked automatically.
Note: it is best not to command him to build right into another Civs territory unless you are depserate fro trade and are confident the other civ won't declare war and steal your workers.

take some of their cities :mad:

If you can take the one with the aluminium, if not after you take 2 or 3 of their cities ask again;)

Top Bottom