HELP: Missing "sounds\build\a.wav", etc.

DRBUGBOFFIN

Chieftain
Have encountered a problem with my mod. I can play as any of the civilizations I've modified, but when I try to play as the Zombies (which used to be the Sumerians), an error message appears when I click the selection page to go to the page where it says you've become ruler of the civ, you have knowledge of...etc. The error message says "Missing: Sounds\Build\a.wav"
Don't know why this is happening just when I try to play as that particular civilization. I tried putting changing the name of another .wav file to "a.wav" and stuffed it in the \Sounds\Build folder. Then tried to play and got another error message saying: "Missing: Sounds\Build\b.wav" !!!
Can anyone help a newcomer?
Also, why do some of my saved games have superfast movement, so fast I can't even follow the units moving. I quit and open it again, and the movement is back to normal speed. Anyone know this happens?

when I find errors I dont understand...(I found this exact problem) I track down the folder from my original Civ3 folder...in ths case the folder sounds\build\...and copy it to my MOD folder...from there I would play each wav, and figure out where it occurs in the game...replace them as nessicary...it worked ok for me...

the Sounds/build directory is where music files are stored. Did you try addding your own music?

Thanks, guys (if indeed you are guys) for the advice. But I figured it out. I copied the Sounds\Build folders from both Conquests and CIV3 (I have C3Complete) to my mod folder. I still got the same error message. Then I took other .wav files, renamed them a, b, c, and d and put them in my mod's Sounds\Build folder. This allowed me to get past the initial screen, but caused a horrible repetitive sound -- obviously hadn't fixed the problem. Then I found that TWO of my 31 created civilizations were having the "Missing Sounds\Build\a.wav" problem. I went to the Editor and looked at those two civs. For RACE on both I had checked "none." So when I checked something else on them, Europeans or Middle East, for example, the problem was solved! Don't know why the Editor allows you to select "none" for race if it's going to blow it's mind, but there you have it. Thanks for your replies.

Top Bottom