[HELP] My custom civ doesn't show up in the civilization selection menu.

theGuitarist27

Chieftain
As the title says, my civ doesn't show up in the selection menu when starting a game. I've looked all over the internet but couldn't find anything helpful.

I've seen people whose selection menu doesn't contain a scroll bar anymore because of the mod and I'd like to state that this is not the case here. The menu works fine but when I enable the mod I can't select the civ I added.
Any help is appreciated. I've added the mod file so you can see the code. I don't know if it's a bug in the code or a mistake in the mod's settings.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• HulstCiv (v 1).civ5mod
    783.9 KB · Views: 83
  1. Fatal syntax error:
    Code:
      <Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
    	  <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_HULST</CivilizationType>
    	  <StartAlongOcean>true</StartAlongOcean>
      </Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
    Database.log will be showing an error for this mistake. You've omitted <Row> statements.
    Common Novice-Modder Mistakes -- "Omitting <Row> or <Update>" (hmm, apparently the forum is no longer implementing this type of direct jump link)
  2. This file is not actually being implemented by the mod:
    Code:
    <File md5="FE7247A9FE1AC2D7F19B30F95A1CD3D1" import="0">lua/GreatPersonCultureTrait.lua</File>
  3. This file needs to be set as "Import into VFS" = "true" and needs to be removed from the <UpdateDatabase> actions
    Code:
    <File md5="84448CA938DCCB262FD2DDD97F1AF4C8" import="0">xml/ReynaertScene.xml</File>
  4. Links on file activation methods required by the game, and on how to enable error logging.
    1. whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial
    2. whoward69's enable error logging tutorial
Also you've placed your thread in the subforum for completed tutorials and references. I've pinged the moderators so they can move the thread to the main civ5 Creation and Customization forum.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help!
And sorry about the wrong subforum: I've only posted once before on this place and that time my post accidentally ended up on the civ6 subforum instead of the civ5, so I guess I'm just not really good at finding my way on this wonderful website.

Top Bottom