1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed with importing unit graphics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Kangasaur, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kangasaur

Kangasaur Chieftain

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, and new to modding in general. I've been trying for several days to import a dummy model and animation - a cylinder with a hover animation - into Civ 5 from Blender, but I've had a problem: neither Nexus or Nexus Buddy 2 is importing the animation I created for the model. I was trying to follow the tutorials, but nothing that I found seemed to have an answer to this issue.

I put the .blend file in a zip so you can check this out when you have the time.

Attached Files:

2. Kangasaur

Kangasaur Chieftain

I forgot to mention, the animation worked when I imported the .fbx back into Blender, as well as a couple other 3D viewing applications. This might (?) indicate that something in the export settings isn't supported in Nexus Buddy.