Help Needed

MADROSKYLO

Chieftain
Hi again
I opened this thread here cause my prob is according units (propably)..
I managed to F**k up my game.. Yes i did it !!!!! :goodjob:

The only thing i did was to insert new units.. I insert and verify one by one 6 new units and my game works perfect.. I thought that now i know how to intall units :king: and start installing about 20 more units but didnt verify each time if the game works..
Conclusion:
A) In the building quene in the city the units (Only the units) appear with a pink collor at backround !!!!! WOW !!! :goodjob:
B) The fortified units in city at lower bar, appears with a green/black backround !!!!!!

Does anyone have a clue about what is wrong here ??
I have to say that all pics are 8bit palleted..(I've checked it :scan: )
Also the pink backround is even at the defult units such as settlers etc witch i have nothing modified there !!!
Any Ideas guys ?? :confused:

Attachments

• CivPrintSCRN.JPG
    CivPrintSCRN.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 93
You're more likely to find your answers in the Creation & Customization forum.

Is everything o.k. regardind your icons/units(pcx) folder. The pink background is associated with the units32 file...
BTW do I see a guerilla fortified in Sparta on 3250 B.C.?
daimonioi oi lakedemonioi... :lol:

BTW do I see a guerilla fortified in Sparta on 3250 B.C.?
daimonioi oi lakedemonioi... :lol:[/QUOTE]

XAxaxaxa pouse patrida !!!!!
aftos pou miazei me guerilla einai o "Ntavas" mia unit pou setara mono kai mono gia na min me prizei o AI me tous tsampoukades tou apo tin arxi.. :lol:

Yeap my units32 is ok and 8bit and palleted.. no prob with that..
I'm suspecting that the prob is in the pediaicons.txt witch is screwing all units.. maybe a wrong # or something like that ?? Do not know.. Have to check..
Any more ideas ?

You need to check these things before testing the units

1- check if every reference in the unit "init" file is correct (unit folder)
2- cut and paste custom icons into units_32.pcx and civilopedia/icons folder
3- enter stats & references in civ3edit (PRTO_*your unit here*)
4- enter animation references in PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt (in "text" folder)
these include: large & small icons (PediaIcons.txt)
Animname_PRTO reference (PediaIcons.txt)
PRTO civilopedia descriptions (Civilopedia.txt)

This would be enough but if I missed something, please comment.

@madroskylo
Ntavas? there is a brilliant unit called the pimp here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58335(an kai poustofernei ligo)...lol

Moderator Action: Thread moved to C&C.

Guys - This is an English site. Please keep the conversation in English. Feel free to move the non-english conversation to PMs or IMs. ;)

Back !!

Ok, after cheking all these i found that when i replace the unit_32.pcx with the original or any other i've downloaded from site, units appear properly without this pink color.. Something was wrong with these icons i pasted..

So if any newbie (like me) :crazyeye: have same problem, should check this file. This is a standar units_32.pcx error.

Thank you all for your help!!

Top Bottom