Help Playing Brazil

kamex

Emperor
If I understand this right, their ability gives +1 adjacency bonus for each rainforest tile, so a Campus in the middle of 6 rainforest tiles would get +9 total!? The problem is that rainforest tiles can't be improved unless they contain a bonus resource. How do you deal with this? Do you chop them and lose your adjacency for something more useful, or keep them and work them anyway?

+6 adjacency for tile surrounded by rainforest. One for each side of the hex tile. Same for theater and holy. You can get a +8 commercial if you place next to a river.
Place next to resources, those jungles stay when improved.
It's a catch 22 about cutting down the surrounding jungle tiles. You are going to lose the adjacency but you get increased yields from chopping jungle and placing an improvement, especially a mine.
Or you can use the lumber mills for rainforest mod.

Every time I play as Brazil, I go for a science victory, to take advantage of cheaper Great Person purchasing. Super campuses help get you to key military tech early on, like Machinery (so you can defend yourself effectively). Afterwards from there, its a matter of either coming up with a ridiculous amount of faith or gold, or even both. I make sure to try and get as many great scientists as possible, and then patronize Stephanie Kwolek and Car Sagan.

I don't worry too much about the rainforest adjacency bonus after I established my first 4 cities.

Yeah I think a +1 isn't much compensation for an otherwise improved tile - I'll have to try it and see how it goes, and also place districts near bananas etc which will keep the rainforest anyway.

100 % with Kamax
I played Brazil 4 times, 3 culture 1 science. I got Oracle in my first game amd it was like OMG... I have all these useless people clogging up my land.
The Adjacency can work well but is not always that simple... Every civ has good an bad things... GP does seem to be more beneficial than a double adjacency card which is what that ability is.

100 % with Kamax
I played Brazil 4 times, 3 culture 1 science. I got Oracle in my first game amd it was like OMG... I have all these useless people clogging up my land.
The Adjacency can work well but is not always that simple... Every civ has good an bad things... GP does seem to be more beneficial than a double adjacency card which is what that ability is.
Isn't the adjacency bonus at it's most powerful early in the game though? Brazil has a jungle bias which means a +4 to +6 bonus is very possible for say a campus. Later on it's less important which is why those policy cards don't seem super powerful.

The extra gold is helpful too in the beginning. Easier to upgrade troops and buy things (like an extra unit or a tier 1 building).

But later on (especially after Civil Engineering) those rainforests are going down. Not that it differs much from real life...

I have been playing with the lumber mills for rain forests mod for quite a while. I highly recommend it for playing any Civ 6 game. I can only imagine that Brazil would be especially grateful.

I played a Brazil culture game today. I was very surprised by the early battleship coming up so fast and with its extra damage its a scary late-mid game UU. I was so surprised I started again and went Naval, weird playing a cultural Naval game, quite different and fun and the combination of theaters and carnival and the battleship made it a good all rounder for cultural victory. Just a shame I cannot plant jungle.

I played a Brazil culture game today. I was very surprised by the early battleship coming up so fast and with its extra damage its a scary late-mid game UU. I was so surprised I started again and went Naval, weird playing a cultural Naval game, quite different and fun and the combination of theaters and carnival and the battleship made it a good all rounder for cultural victory. Just a shame I cannot plant jungle.
@Victoria what do you means by "Naval cultural game?

@Victoria what do you means by "Naval cultural game?
Not a huge amount, mainly that you have a powerful navy (range 4 battleships) and take all the seaside resort territory you need. It's normally an English thing with the sea dogs but Brazil's early battleship is a strange one especially as Brazil typically inhabits banana land... this post feels so old now.

Sacred path seems fun with Brazil (otherwise a completely useless pantheon...) theocracy domination is probably the only way I can think of to make use of it though. You can do a timing push with any unit in the game if you have lots of faith.

"Timing push" generally refers to the tactic of building a mass of units which can be upgraded (think warriors into swordsmen) or which can be purchased with faith or gold at the moment you unlock the tech.

Top Bottom