help please won't even load

fmcco

Chieftain
i have been an waiting to play civ 4 caveman2 cosmos ofr awhile i get it all downloaded and stuff go to civ 4 beyond the sword click advanced, load a mod click on c2c it loads for a steady second with the bts main picture and then a whole bunch of red x's come up saying stuff like:allocating zero or less memory in cvxmlloadutility::setvariableslisttagpaircurrent xml file is: xml\units/civ4unitinfos.xml someone please help i have no experience in this type of crap

I'm not sure SO. That pairing problem sounds like an error in the dll xml load process usually (a coding problem) but since he's starting off with base v27 he shouldn't be having that issue as nobody has been reporting that since the release. This leads me to thinking its more like a corrupt load where something in the xml isn't right. Then again, I'm not fully sure he's starting with v27 stock either.

I'm not sure SO. That pairing problem sounds like an error in the dll xml load process usually (a coding problem) but since he's starting off with base v27 he shouldn't be having that issue as nobody has been reporting that since the release. This leads me to thinking its more like a corrupt load where something in the xml isn't right. Then again, I'm not fully sure he's starting with v27 stock either.

I've seen messages like that in the code as assertions, so possibly he is using the SVN with the Debug DLL in it. If he is using V27 though that idea is dead in the water.

First off Welcome to CFC and trying this Great Mod, C2C.

Second, allocating memory sounds like your graphics selection. What are your PC Specs?

like i said, i have no experience and i don't know what pc specs are, and i downloaded v 27.

like i said, i have no experience and i don't know what pc specs are, and i downloaded v 27.

PC Specs:

All you need to do is in the start button, (under run) or search for programs) Win7: Type in dxdiag, then when it pops up click on it, and poof your specs.

PC Specs:

All you need to do is in the start button, (under run) or search for programs) Win7: Type in dxdiag, then when it pops up click on it, and poof your specs.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/22/2013, 15:56:19
Machine name: KIYROS-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.070503-1540)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: GN582AA-ABA SR5250NX
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/01/07 17:10:01 Ver: 5.16
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 1245MB used, 1041MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/22/2013, 15:56:19
Machine name: KIYROS-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.070503-1540)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: GN582AA-ABA SR5250NX
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/01/07 17:10:01 Ver: 5.16
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 1245MB used, 1041MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

1. Not enough ram with only 1 GB (1012MB)
2. No video card info!!! Need ram and whether it supports shader tech 2.0 or better. Must have info.
3. 1.6Ghz CPU with a win vista 32 bit OS (system alone using up most of your ram)
4. Might want to try R2R in the modmod subforum here. But even that may be too much for your system.
5. you really need 3GB of ram (4 GB with the 3GB/Switch would be better)

Sorry but your set up isn't up to the task. :(

JosEPh

1. Not enough ram with only 1 GB (1012MB)
2. No video card info!!! Need ram and whether it supports shader tech 2.0 or better. Must have info.
3. 1.6Ghz CPU with a win vista 32 bit OS (system alone using up most of your ram)
4. Might want to try R2R in the modmod subforum here. But even that may be too much for your system.
5. you really need 3GB of ram (4 GB with the 3GB/Switch would be better)

Sorry but your set up isn't up to the task. :(

JosEPh

Sorry i'd have to agree with JosEPh here, your PC is (no offense) way outdated. Pls look at the first post for the Spec required and recommended.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10999504&postcount=4

A 5 yr old computer getting more ram for isn't Impossible, just need to know what ram will work in it.

Overall though a new computer would be Much better and give you longer play life.

I bought 3 computers off Ebay this Christmas, prices ranged from $400 to $580. $400 unit had an AMD 6 core @ 2.6 Ghz with 8GB of 1333DDR3 ram and a 1TB HD and built in HD Radeon 6550 with 1GB vid DDR5 ram. Just a base unit no mouse, keyboard or monitor. The other 2 had an i5 and an i7 Intel CPU both with 8GB 1666mhz DDR3 ram. The i5 had a SSD 120GB HD and I added a 1 TB Seagate Pipeline HD for extra storage. The i7 had a 1 TB HD as well.

The AMD and i5 were brand new base units, the i7 was a 1yr old gaming puter with a Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti w/2GB DDR5 vid ram.

Check out NewEgg http://www.newegg.com/ or Tiger Direct to start.

JosEPh

Keep in mind that the R2R (Rockets 2 Rockets) mod in our modmods section is a C2C version designed for smaller computers. Give it a go! You'll need to use the 3gb switch though either way.

Keep in mind that the R2R (Rockets 2 Rockets) mod in our modmods section is a C2C version designed for smaller computers. Give it a go! You'll need to use the 3gb switch though either way.

Wont do any good without the memory sticks though, fyi

Top Bottom