1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Help pls.: Master of Orion 2

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Rogue52, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Rogue52

Rogue52 Chieftain

Hi everybody,

hopefully some kind soul, who is also still interested in "old" games, can help me. After many, many years I started again a game of Master of Orion 2. So far I´m doing quite well. But now I ran into a problem: As a "special event" there is now a monster lurking in hyperspace, that randomly devours one of my spaceships, that is in transit to another star system. As those "attacks" occur only after ending the turn, I can´t actively attack this "monster" (as I´m able to do with one of those stationary space creatures, that guards some high value star systems). Any idea, what I can do in order to get rid of this annoying nuisance? Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards
    rogue

2. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Chieftain

You can't do anything else than wait until the monsters disappears (you get notified) and avoid traveling to other systems as long as it is present.

3. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

The 1.50 patch allows you to effectively take this warp beast event out of the game by setting a high turn-delay for it.

4. Rogue52

Rogue52 Chieftain

Hi Rocco,

thanks, but if I read the description for this patch correctly (I did not read the complete article, just skimmed it...), it does work only for the DOS-version of MOO. I play the win95-version. So I better not try it... ;-)

Kind regards
    rogue

5. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

It's always better to try the DOS version. :) There's really no advantage to stay on Win95..