1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

help pls - where can I find Social Policies descriptions?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Tiberiu, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Hello, I am at begginer level when it comes to modding.

I know it's not how experts do it, but I made a version of the game for myself by editing the required XML files for rebalancing Unit combat strenghts, Social Policies, and buffing/nerfing certain religious beliefs. (I made a backup of original files to be able to revert the changes)

Everything is working fine in the game, but I haven't found where can I change the descriptions of the changes so that they are shown correctly in-game. Right now the game shows the old descriptions.

If somebody is willing to help me beyond this small question in order to create a normal, standard Mod, please feel free to let me know so that I post all the rebalances/changes. I don't have the knowledge needed to create a normal mod.

Thanks in advance.

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Possibly in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Text\en_US\CIV5GameTextInfos_Jon_Expansion2.xml

But I would recommend you check out a free utility called Agent Ransack, which will allow you to search all the game files for a specific text string (eg the old social policy text)

Tiberiu likes this.
  3. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Thanks, this was helpful, I found some of the policy descriptions right where you suggested. But sadly there were not all of them in there, for some reason, but now I can at least search for the others in those text files, and I will also try to use the utility you named.