1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Help request: Extra settler for human player at certain plot on YnAMP?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by zon, Oct 1, 2018.

1. zon

zon Chieftain

I just would love to learn how at game start to have an extra settler placed for the

human player only / specific nation only

on a certain YnAMP location NOT nearby my TSL (i.e. different continent = thus a defined XY location on the map). Can that be handled by script, simple xml or lua?

SO MANY THANKS in advance - small code snipped much appreciated.

Cheers, br
    zon

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'm working on some scenario-related functions for YnAMP that you will be able to trigger for units using XML, but it's still a W.I.P., until then you need either to code something in Lua, or place units manually using the firetuner.

3. zon

zon Chieftain

thx @Gedemon - fast as ever :) I'd love to just do a quick & simple.lua similar to the custom.xml / custom.sql in YnAMP - could you kindly give me any possible pointers to that?

4. zon

zon Chieftain

anyone else perhaps? i really just wanna be able to learn how to code spawning an additional human settler on a plot i.e. on YnAMP that can be specified directly in the - i guess - .lua file. no need for UI integration. thanks so much guys. thx btw @Gedemon for closing my kinda duplicate post from ages ago. that one also seemed to have been posted in vain :)

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

If you're using YnAMP's version on gitHub, I've pushed an update a few days ago that should (not tested) allow unit placement by simply setting it in a custom.xml file in the mod's folder using this kind of code

Code:
    <GameInfo>
        <ScenarioUnits>
            <Row MapName="GiantEarth" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ROME" UnitType="UNIT_SETTLER" OnlyHuman="1" X="25" Y="30" />
        </ScenarioUnits>
    </GameInfo>

OnlyHuman is an option (if not set AI Rome will get the unit too)

Other active tags options are: UnitName (text), OnlyAI (0 for false or 1 for true), ScenarioName (text, referencing a property set in a config file)

There are already possible (but inactive) tags for future usage in scenarios made for YnAMP: , PromotionList, Health

6. zon

zon Chieftain

thank you sooooo much @Gedemon!! i'll munch on this code tonight after dinner - what a delight, like dessert :)

7. zon

zon Chieftain

i tried and added your code to the existing steam workshop version (updated 30 Sep @ 9:30pm) by amending your code (plot and civ adjusted to the mod civ i play, sucritakt's iceland) to my existing custom.xml - which did not spawn the additional settler, yet.
    will now try with a vanilla civ and
    will try the github version of ynamp - beta7 or master?
    cheers @Gedemon :)

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

"master" for latest release (Oct 2, 2018)

and always keep only one version installed, ie unsubscribe from steam.

9. zon

zon Chieftain

works - marvelously :) genius man