Help requested with LOR for returning member

RMF

Chieftain
Hi, I am a returning member. I used to play LOR on my old computer. I now have a new computer, but I can't find how to get LOR onto it. Currently I play BTS via Steam. I am a technical dunce. My friend set it up for me some years ago, but I have lost touch with him. Can anybody help.

I assume you mean Legends of Revolution. The subforum can be found here in the Mods forum (which this is not):

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-legends-of-revolution.359/

Not super active there though and your question really may just be a general mod install question.

What do you mean by "getting LOR onto" your computer?

One thing though that I know you need to do..having STeam version myself...is switch to the "orginal release" beta of BTS in Steam. Steam jacked with the game a few years ago when Multiplayer was switched over to their system, but this screwed with mods.

Go to BTS in Steam Library > Right click on the game > Properties > Betas tab > from drop down select "original_release_unsupported....." . Steam will redownload the game.

Also note a coupla other things:

1) Always run BTS from the BTS executable (not from Steam library)
2) Set BTS executable to "run as administrator" (right click>Properties>Compatibility> check the box)

3) mods should be installed into something like "Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/bts/bts/mods". And yes, there are two bts folders so make sure it is the lower level folder and make sure the install is directed there if the install does not find it automatically (that does happen).

(all this assume windows OS)

Last edited:
Thanks very much for your reply. I'll have a go at following your instructions.

Top Bottom