1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[help] road to war raze

Discussion in 'Civ4 BTS - Official Mods & Scenarios' started by February, Feb 8, 2008.

1. February

February Chieftain

When I play on the "Road to War" official mod (Pacific war WWII) of the BtS expansion, I can never seem to be able to raze cities. After I capture a city (by military force), the screen that asks whether I want to keep or raze it never comes up. That being said, I tried changing the civics but that didn't help. It also won't let me change any of the civics because of the red letters that say "knowledge required (open play) something"

I am guessing that I have to change something in the xml but will anyone point me out to a *working* database of xml references? And can anyone teach me how to make raze cities work?

Desperate, and need your help!

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Hi mate. :)

You can't raze cities in RtW. That was a deliberate design choice.

If you play in "Open Mode" instead of accurate or random events, then you can change civics. However since the two event modes are a depiction of history you cannot change civics from what the nations actually ran at that time.

Hope that helps. :)