Help! Salvage my Time Victory

zbgayumn

Emperor
Hey, I'm playing a game to submit to HoF for my EQM. I need a decent Time victory. I thought I had everything covered, but then I got blindsided:

Mansa and Joao capitulated to me early on. I directed them both to research Future Tech so that they couldn't finish Fusion and complete a Spaceship. Then, with 11 turns to go, Mansa launched a ship! :hmm::thumbsdown:

It took me a bit to figure out that Suleiman (the largest remaining Civ not under my control) had finished Fusion. AND THEN HE TRADED IT TO MANSA FOR CASH!!!

Without dwelling too much on what kind of AI logic allows Suleiman to trade away the tech that let's a competitor win the game, I need to figure out if I can salvage this.

The one path I can think of is the Tribute Demand. I haven't demanded tribute from Mansa up to this point. Under what circumstances will he refuse and go to war with me? What factors into the decision? Power Ratio? Land Ratio?

Can anyone think of another way to stop the ship from landing? The game speed is Quick, so 11 turns is enough time for the ship to make it, right? It had one engine and five thrusters.

The only thing I can think of is if Suleiman has a border with Mansa, gift Suleiman a ton of units next to the border with Mansa (preferably near Mansa's capital), DOW Suleiman, and hope he takes Mansa's capital with the gifted stack. Not sure if you have time to assemble such a stack, though.

I don't think I've ever played for a time victory, perhaps someone else has a better idea.

The only thing I can think of is if Suleiman has a border with Mansa, gift Suleiman a ton of units next to the border with Mansa (preferably near Mansa's capital), DOW Suleiman, and hope he takes Mansa's capital with the gifted stack. Not sure if you have time to assemble such a stack, though.

I don't think I've ever played for a time victory, perhaps someone else has a better idea.
Not a bad idea, but the geography in the game won't really work with that. Suleiman is close to Joao but not Mansa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom