1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help save my flipped city

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by gremlins0, Feb 20, 2019.

1. gremlins0

gremlins0 Chieftain

I lost my capital around 100 turns ago and reclaimed it around 70 turns ago. I cannot get it to stop flipping from culture. I am using the +2 gov policy & +2 garrison. Even after putting in a governor city just flips slower. Part of the problem is the -3 from not having a religion and my religion is basically extinct so I can't reclaim it in the city. Other than razing one of the nearby AI cities (I am well behind in science), is there any way to fix this city to be loyal. The city is growing incredibly slow and I can't manage to increase its population in a timely fashion before it flips. Also I originally built the gov center there but apparently it got lost when I lost the city. I now can't build a new one until I get to pop 7 which isn't going to happen.

Attached Files:

• civ6.jpg
      civ6.jpg
      File size:
      372.4 KB
      Views:
  2. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Pillage blue cities to reduce their pop, or remove them from the map.

Or make it rebel again, wait till it will get more pop and reclaim again

agonistes likes this.
  3. Moxx

Moxx Chieftain

If you can fit in another city North of Jenne and/or east of Gao, it would help with loyalty pressure. Although they may have their own pressure issues initially. Either way - I like that you are trying to salvage this slow start.

agonistes likes this.
  4. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

There's three rainforest tiles in range, right? Chop them for food/production, with Magnus if there's enough time to establish him in the city. You have enough gold to buy a builder, if there's none available elsewhere.

agonistes likes this.
  5. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

60 science per turn and 35 culture per turn on turn 210? There's your problem. Unless you're on Settler or Chieftain this game is a loss anyway. Getting your population up in your own nearby cities and razing a blue city or two will probably keep the city for you, but it won't do you much long term good.

6. gremlins0

gremlins0 Chieftain

I was playing on King and didn't want to quit since I can't remember the last time I lost on king. I hate playing with this Civ since my production is terrible. I managed to save the city by doing a bread & circus in a neighboring city. I have since taken half of their cities and am on my way to coming back :)

agonistes likes this.
  7. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

I find this shocking, but good on you if true. And yes Mali is brutal for production early game, but by turn 150 it doesn't matter as you're swimming in so much gold and faith you should be ok. Plus with all the mines you should be building your base production will easily catch up, though that 30% malus towards buildings and units can still be rough. I find them a lot of fun and strong in their own right, but not top tier.