Help test Buffy 005 (Beta Gauntlet)

Cheers, I have an idea people might find fun :)
:deal: :yup:

On another matter, and I don't know if this is possible to fix, but it has always bugged me that when you get one of those free maintenance "We love the monarch" days, you get a mention about it on the correct turn, but also on the next one. Possible to change that?

As far as I am aware there are no changes from Buffy 3 with events or Global Warming.
Tried to look into this, albeit for Buffy .003, because I was puzzled at early and multiple global warming tile destructions on a Highlands map. From what little I could find, there are no changes between .003 and .005, so global warming should behave the same (which is less frequent than the default game).

Don't know about events, but hopefully the barb uprising cannot happen, because it's as good as an instant "Game Over" screen.

Not sure why global warming happened relatively frequently in the Highlands map I played, but maybe it was down to the usual bad luck with the rng?

Don't know about events, but hopefully the barb uprising cannot happen, because it's as good as an instant "Game Over" screen.
This event can happen in both 003 and 005 but it was moved to later in the Tech tree and checks that the targeted city has the ability to build the counter unit before allowing it to trigger (if I'm understanding the code correctly). I've seen it a few times in 005 but not sure if it's different in 003 as I very rarely play with Barbs and Events both on.

This event can happen in both 003 and 005 but it was moved to later in the Tech tree and checks that the targeted city has the ability to build the counter unit before allowing it to trigger (if I'm understanding the code correctly). I've seen it a few times in 005 but not sure if it's different in 003 as I very rarely play with Barbs and Events both on.
That's a good point and is probably what happened, as I rarely play with both barbs and events on - certainly not for competitive HoF games, as I don't like events, and barbs can mess you up or stifle your progress early.

Had a look at some files to see what was the case with events, but couldn't see any prereqs for these barb uprising events, so I guess it must be stored somewhere else. As long as it works like before it's fine by me.

Has there been any progress about identifying and fixing the few bugs that remain, like the worker double-capture and missing sea sentry icon?

Is it possible to see the relevant code for us normal mortals, or is it hidden somehow in the BUFFY files? I've done some amateur programming, albeit not in Python, but even if I can't contribute it might be fun to see the code and try to understand what is wrong or different.

The forum too hates me, and killed all the text. Something weird with culture. Seen it before, so maybe possible in .003 (not sure what I played at the time).

Spoiler :
Incan culture 1.jpg
Incan culture 2.jpg

Yes, but I should have 0 culture over there.

I wonder, could it be some weird effect from regenerating maps and settling cities in some of them? Maybe the culture then somehow stays? Maybe it happened to be in the same coordinates earlier or something like that. No idea what else it could be (although this idea is kind of bonkers too).

Top Bottom