1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[HELP] Unique Wall Building Not Replacing Properly

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by thinkingnut, May 19, 2017.

1. thinkingnut

thinkingnut Chieftain

Hi All,

I've just done my second mod, but the unique wall replacement, Soul Armour, is not replacing the Ancient Walls properly. Not sure why.

Could someone have a look at my mod files and tell me where I've made a mistake please?

Many thanks!

Yours sincerely,
    ThinkingNut

Attached Files:

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Because you are not tying the building to a TraitType in table Buildings:
    Code:
    	<Buildings>
    		<Row BuildingType="BUILDING_WARRENV2SOULARMOUR" Name="LOC_BUILDING_WARRENV2SOULARMOUR_NAME"
    			 Description="LOC_BUILDING_WARRENV2SOULARMOUR_DESCRIPTION" PrereqTech="TECH_MASONRY"
    			PrereqDistrict="DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER" Cost="40" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_GENERIC"
    			Maintenance="1" OuterDefenseHitPoints="50" OuterDefenseStrength="2"/>
    	</Buildings>
    I did not look further into your mod, but you'll also need to define the trait you tie the building to, and then tie that trait to the leader or the civ.

3. thinkingnut

thinkingnut Chieftain

Ah, bless you, LeeS. It's working now. Thanks so much for coming to the rescue again!

4. thinkingnut

thinkingnut Chieftain

By the way, I note that the boost for Engineering is to build "Ancient Walls" even though I'm playing with my wall replacement. Is there a way to change that so both "Ancient Walls" and "Soul Armour" are interchangeably able to boost that particular tech?