[HELP] Vox Populi 43 Civs Manual DLL Build

paul92

Chieftain
Hello Everyone,

Decided to make a new thread since the other one was made for another completely different reason, and was starting to go off topic.

I'm trying to manually create the DLL for Vox Populi called CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll that needs to go into the /(1) Community Patch folder.

To do so i followed the hints on the github page of Vox Populi:
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL

Thanks to the help of one fellow forumeer i managed to create a dll that work with all components of it, except the 43 civs one.
Looking better into it, it looks like the 43 civs module has another CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll that replaces the one inside /(1) Community Patch folder.

So i'm actually confused on what the steps would be here to create the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll of Vox Populi that includes also the 43 Civs module. It looks like the steps suggested in the github page are not enough to do so, since the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll would be replaced by the 43 civs module.

With that being said, the 43 Civs module is present in the github page of Vox Populi, so it made me think that there steps shown there should include the module... maybe it does but i need to do some extra steps.

In any case, does anyone know what would be the right way to proceed?

P.S: For those wondering why i'm doing all this, at this time i'm trying to build the .dll manually without any edits as a way to start out and understand how to build it manually. Once i get the procedure fully clear in mind i'd like to create some mods/addons to it. At the moment i'm failing the build even though i didn't do any edit yet. I'm purposefully leaving it vanilla until i manage to succeed so i can exclude any messup on the code on my part.

Bump Still failing on doing it.

Sorry didn't read this until now.

To compile a 43 civ DLL is really easy.
Trick is to change the line
#define MAX_MAJOR_CIVS (43)

in the file
...\Community-Patch-DLL\CvGameCoreDLLUtil\include\CvDLLUtilDefines.h

A quick way to do that is to right click on MAX_MAJOR_CIVS in the compiler and select "goto declaration" which will take you to the spot directly.

Cheers

@Moi Magnus Thanks for the tip! Wasn't aware of that!

@glider1 I knew it would be something easy to do... BUT THAT EASY? Damn... Sadly couldn't find it before... Thank you so much, i can confirm it works! Will try now with some editings.

Bless you guys for your help, really appreciate it!

@Moi Magnus Thanks for the tip! Wasn't aware of that!

@glider1 I knew it would be something easy to do... BUT THAT EASY? Damn... Sadly couldn't find it before... Thank you so much, i can confirm it works! Will try now with some editings.

Bless you guys for your help, really appreciate it!

No worries it is really hard to find took me ages because the define for 43 civs is considered a "utility" define. Would have preferred it to exist in the actual DLL code you are trying to compile. Only found it because of prior experience with DLLs.

No worries it is really hard to find took me ages because the define for 43 civs is considered a "utility" define. Would have preferred it to exist in the actual DLL code you are trying to compile. Only found it because of prior experience with DLLs.

It is a utility define because of how it is flagged in the DLL memory setup.

G

Top Bottom