Help with a project, smart quotes and actions from idoits please!

Eukaryote

Deity
I'm working on a project for presintation class on Winston Churchill's quote: "The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

I am arguing that it's true (even though there are wayyy better lessons). My request to you is, tell me some things that a famous unintelligent preson has done or said, that's smart or correct. They can be fictional, they can be non fictional, they can be movie charicters, I don't care.

I'd just really appreciate the help.

Edit: I'd also like to hear of some stupid things smart people have done or said.

Al Gore said a few times, remarking George HW Bush, "A zebra does not change it's spots." Now a lot of people thought that was stupid, because a zebra has stripes, not spots. However, I struggle to recall even one incident where a zebra has changed it's spots. So really, that statement is totally valid.

Will that do? I really hope so, 'cause it's all I got.

you could talk about all the inventions created by mistake (e.g.microwave, post-its, chocolate-chip cookie, potato chip, etc.)

you could talk about all the inventions created by mistake (e.g.microwave, post-its, chocolate-chip cookie, potato chip, etc.)

Don't forget the sandwich! It was invented by Earl Sandwich, because he needed a compact meal that he could eat while playing cards, as he was a cumpulsive gambler.

Thanks guys. I know "I am not a smart man, but I know what love is." but does anyone else have any great Forrest Gump quotes?"

". .. .. .. . happens" - Forrest Gump :D

EDIT: "Life is like a box of chocolates...."

Thanks guys. I know "I am not a smart man, but I know what love is." but does anyone else have any great Forrest Gump quotes?"

Forrest Gump wasn't a fool! He was very wise.

" It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Mark Twain (Yes, I know, he was a very intelligent person)

Well, lets open up the old Dan Quayle archive shall we?

Dan Quayle said:
When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.

I suppose that is true . . .

We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.

Winner by default . . .

People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.

Kind of self defeating, but very true.

Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

This one comes straight from the horse's mouth I would say.

You could be more abstract, and point out how so many arguments in the media nowadays focus on attacking the person, not what the person has said.

You can then relate this to Churchill's saying, by explaining that it is important to realise that this common method of argument is irrelevant and that we should not be swayed by it, because whether the person is a fool, or a bad person, he could still be speaking the truth.

Idoits are infecting us , i heard they are currently efffffectugfdging our grammmar . (Oh No.)

Top Bottom