1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Asset Editor

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by luei333, Mar 10, 2017.

1. luei333

luei333 Chieftain

May 25, 2014
    Hi everyone, I'm having problems with my Asset Editor; every time I try to re-import a resource, I get an error that says:
    "The following entities failed the export process. example: Entity (example) is out of date. Sync your pantry before reimporting it!"

As far as I can tell, the pantry is the Assets that you have to download (the 20 gig thing), but I don't know why that would be preventing me from importing custom graphics (textures, to be more precise), and I have no idea how to 'sync' it. This is really killing me, because I've loaded dds files as a textures, built the project, and had a bunch of icons show up in game, but the next day or so when I try to rebuild it, they no longer work, and the asset editor can't reimport the files to fix it!

I have an idea of what might have been the cause: when I first opened the asset editor and it started caching all the assets, I had no idea I was supposed to let it just run for upwards of 5-10 minutes, so I killed the process prematurely (because it looked like it was just frozen). In doing so, I might have left it with an incomplete cache or something, and maybe that's causing my problems (as no one else on the forums seems to be having them). How can I get it to re-cache the assets? Maybe if I delete the cache data, it would automatically rebuild it, but I have no idea where said data is stored on my computer.
  2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

May 12, 2003