Help with combat mods

Fermongu

Warlord
I think there was a guide on invisibility types, but I can't find it anymore. Seems very challenging, I kept being ambushed by predators :(

With Fight or Flight option I'm a bit lost, I'm not sure what it adds to the game.

C2C Combat Mod Option: Hide and Seek

Fight and Flight enables two new build ups and 31 more promotions all related to withdrawal.
It adds a game mechanic that is the opposite to withdrawal, called pursuit, where units that have pursuit probability may cancel out the withdrawal of their enemy.
It also adds a new mechanic to withdrawal that enables some units to withdraw early in the batlle, called "Early Withdrawal", normally units only withdraw the moment before they die.
probably more....

I lost a few Abushers on Predators while Hunters had no problems with them - simply avoid using your Strike Team against strong animals. After a long break I have came back to C2C, I have started a game with Size Matters, Fight or Flight and Hide & Seek and I have a lot of fun.

My favourite strategy with Fight or Flight was to prepare special forces of Ambushers and Stalkers, attach Nobles (wait for Aristocracy!), give them both promotions increasing gained XP (one of them gives also Blitz) and March and watch enemy empires collapsing when your units make their cities to be Barbarian ones (the only thing to remember is that your units should be outside Barbarian cities of size 3 or greater at the end of turn, because they may spawn new civs and this removes all units present in the city). Some of the C2C wizards (IIRC Thunderbrd) had worked on countering this strategy and at after some patch my Strike Team tended to be slaughtered at the beginning.

In my present game I lost all my Ambushers (despite their +Strength and IIRC one Quality Up promotions). Two Stalkers that reached Quality Up were safe - recently they have got another Quality Up and are unstoppable (the other civs are in the late Ancient/early Classical era), one is enough to collapse a Civ. The third ones were not so succesful - I tended to lose them before the first Quality Up (even if they were together with a second one), maybe I will be able to promote a new one before it gets killed...

S.

Last edited:
With Fight or Flight option I'm a bit lost, I'm not sure what it adds to the game.
It's much more simple than other combat mod options and comments above pretty much cover it. However, I do mean to eventually write a guide, just to make it very clear what it does and what NOT having it on does as well, since there's a C2C unique balance factor in effect with it off that was necessary to keep from allowing units to become nearly impossible to defeat if they got enough withdrawal.

Anyhow, I'll try to write that guide soon.

@stachnie I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying the Combat Mod in full! I know there's still some weak spots but it's coming along.

Top Bottom