[Vanilla] Help with error message in Modbuddy

Xakzaramax

Chieftain
Hi, this is my first time posting here, so please forgive me if I seem ignorant to anything.

I'm trying to make a custom civilization for civ 6, but every time I try to build the mod I get these two error messages.

Code:
Error    1    (UIErrorTexture)    EXEC    0    1    Alabaster Civ

Error    2    The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6AssetCooker_Win64_null_FinalRelease.exe" --absolute_paths --no_mt --mode XLP --platform Windows --shaders "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker" --pantry "C:\Users\User\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\Alabaster Civ\Alabaster Civ" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets\pantry" --stewpot "C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Alabaster Civ\Platforms\Windows\BLPs" --config "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6.cfg" "C:\Users\User\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\Alabaster Civ\Alabaster Civ\XLPs\Icons.xlp"" exited with code -1.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\ModBuddy\Extensions\Application\Civ6.targets    83    6    Alabaster Civ

The only help I've found online was an archived reddit post where it was suggested that the dev tools were at fault rather than anything written wrong in the mod's code. This seems to be what's happening to me too because I get this same message when trying to use the builder on other peoples working mods.

I have both the development tools and assets installed, and I've checked file integrity of both to make sure there's no missing/corrupt files. I've also pointed the Modbuddy to the correct directories for everything in tool>option>civ 6.

I understand this is a bit of long shot, but I'm hoping someone on here might be able to tell me what's broken and how to fix it.

The demo projects seem to build without issue. Which presumably implies that there's some commonality in the several mods I've tried building that's making the ModBuddy grumpy I guess.

And no it's Alabaster as in gypsum, not Alabasta like the country from One Piece. I'm just a humble geology major who likes rocks enough to name his first civ after them.

Top Bottom