Help with Fire Tuner

jmelvin

Chieftain
I am a recent player of CIV6 and am having trouble with Fire Tuner. I have it enabled in appoptions and had it working for a while but it seems to be broken now. I have deleted the CIV VI SDK and redownloaded with no change in response. When I start Fire Tuner, I can find and supposedly open various ltd files from the DEBUG folder. When I do the columns are all blank now where before they showed lists such as resources, units, improvements, etc. I notice that it now shows "disconnected" in the lower left corner. I'm not sure what was shown there when things were working.

I have searched this site and other internet sites using Google and have not had any luck trying to resolve this. I did find a reference that noted that Fire Tuner should connect to the game and am afraid that that is not happening. And yes, I do have the game running at the same time.

I did look at the Connection pulldown and saw that there is a coice to change the connection that lets one specify an IP address and PORT. Port 4318 is shown for my setup and I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: My Fire Tuner works again.

I copied one of the ltd files from the DEBUG folder to the Fine Tuner folder in the Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK folder. Now Fire Tuner shows connected in the lower left corner and the columns fill in properly for the various ltd files.

I'm guessing this has something to do with a configuration that let's Fire Tuner know where to look for your game but have no idea why copying just one of the ltd files let's everything work.

You can leave the files where they are in the debug folder, they should work just fine there.

Open firetuner, connect, then you should be able to open the panels one by one.

You can also run firetuner on another local box, and connect from there, I do that for my linux games.
Start Civ6 with the -TunerIP 192.168.x.x (you're local IP addr) then connect to that with Firetuner. (leave the ports alone)

Could be a corrupt file for the panel config, and I'd have to switch to windows to check where that is.
(cause I'm old, and I forget where it is right now) :p

My trouble was that Fire Tuner wouldn't connect (probably a corrupt config file??). Somehow copying one of the ltd files to the Fire Tuner directory corrected the configuration. I see that now when I start Fire Tuner first it starts disconnected but then connects as soon as I start the game. That connection wasn't happening until I copied the ltd file. I have no idea where the config file is so have no way to see how things are set.

Thank you, Canadian Bluebeer for your comment.

It's been so long since I had it do auto connect... I just force the connection now, since I use a specific IP address.
There IS a config file, that also stores the panel layout, I tried looking last night, couldn't find it on the one box, but it's gonna bug me, so I'll hunt again later for it.

I am still having similar issues to OP. I have Live Tuner enabled, it's showing connected when I run the game, but when I open the WorldBuilder panel, the fields are blank. I have attached images in a Word document to show that Live Tuner is connected and has run through its' processes as a new game is created, but the fields are showing blank. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Figured it out... Google "How to get the Tuner working in Civ6 (work-around)" and pick the first reddit entry. It works great! I can't insert the link here for whatever reason. Thank you Kyle Aech.

Last edited:
That is for using Firetuner from Civ5. Civ6 one should work fine.

However, if you don't have all the expansions, it gets... weird.

Well the reddit po
That is for using Firetuner from Civ5. Civ6 one should work fine.

However, if you don't have all the expansions, it gets... weird.

Well the reddit post does specifically state work-around for "Civ6" and the Firetuner only works for me in "Civ6" using the work-around. Without it, I still have blank panels, and yes, I do have all the expansions. Not sure why you're trying to discredit it.

Not trying to discredit it, just pointing out from the reddit post, that he was using the Civ5 firetuner, not the Civ6 one.

If you are using the Civ6 one, and still need to do that change, and it makes things work, well, that's the important part. It works.

Shouldn't HAVE to do that though, not with the Civ6 firetuner. I've had other people asking about that too.

I got the blank panels too, but that was while waiting to get Rise&Fall. (I waited until the linux version dropped)
After installing the expansion/DLC, all panels worked fine.

I'll try to take a look at the 2 of them on my vacation. (the techie in me is going hrmmm... ) :)

I misunderstood you, then. My bad.

Can't seem to find the the Civ6 firetuner, then. Is it embedded with R&F or do I have to download it from Steam? I have to admit I downloaded the Civ5 one before I installed R&F so I probably didnt notice it in the menus if its there.

Hmmm... I just bought civ6 recently (on steam). Also tried out FireTuner. Got it working, was able to place resources, wonders, units, etc, but after a couple of days those features stopped working (anything that involves placement on the map). I can still change things like techs, money/faith scores etc., advance production, but for some reason any placement doesn't seem to work anymore. I tthough maybe it was because I put in the two new panels (Unit and World Builder) that @skodkim posted in another thread, so I backed them out, no luck. Tried reloading the game to see if maybe the changes just weren't visible. Tried with a new game. Tried reinstalling the dev tools. Tried reinstalling the entire game. No luck. In each case, I can't even place a Builder, much less anything else. I looked at the steam page and it doesn't appear there were any updates recently (thinking maybe there was an incompatibility between the game and the dev tools or something). I'm out of ideas.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing or haven't tried? Probably just something simple that's escaped me, I'm hoping.

(I bought the pack that includes anniversary soundtrack, Australia, Aztec, Digital Deluxe, Khmer & Indonesia, Nubia, Persia & Macedonia, Poland, and Vikings, in case that matters.)

Last edited:
Hmm.. do you have the expansions? That may be it. If I recall, firetuner got weird on me for the previous expansion while waiting for the linux update.
Worked in windows, but linux was ... odd. We got the xpac on release day this time, so no issues.

(I use firetuner on my second box under windows, to connect to the linux game on this box. works fine btw)

That's all I can think of. FT was working fine for me last night, so no updates came through that I know of.

Top Bottom