[GS] Help with late game domination

Loderingo

Warlord
I'm taking a first try at domination since GS came out

I'm playing Ottoman, standard, standard, pangaea, deity.

I started off in the north near the tundra and was hemmed in. I befriended Brazil to my south but warred Indonesia to my east when she forward settled me. After 3 wars I killed Indonesia off.

I have now taken all of Brazil's important cities including Rio. My army is mostly artillery, cavalry and Infantry. I'm just building aerodromes and hangars (no planes yet)

The tech situation is as follows:

Netherlands 66 techs - 463 science per turn
Pericles 57 techs - 373 science per turn
Korea 54 techs - 502 science per turn
Me 51 techs - 329 science per turn
Brazil 48 techs - 66 science per turn
Chandragupta 45 techs - 163 science per turn
Kongo - 44 techs - 24 science per turn

I am at war with the Netherlands who was Brazil's ally and as you can see Netherlands already has 2 GDRs. I can get peace with her but she wants 70 GPT or 48 GPT and Ternate (this was originally her city that she took from Indonesia)

Pericles captured Kongo's capital.

Kongo, Korea and Pericles have all launched the moon landing. I have sabotaged one of Korea's spaceports but am wondering if I should be sabotaging Pericles instead (as he is my ally I would like to attack him last).

The good news is I have Grand Masters Chapel and lots of faith to buy more land units

I'm not sure how best to proceed:

1) Stay at war with Netherlands and try and capture The Hague and cities in the south while hoping her 2 GDR don't do too much damage in the north (I don't mind losing Ternate but would like to keep Majapahit as it is a capital)
2) Make peace with the Netherlands and attack Chandragupta (either amphibiously from the west or using battleships over the ocean)
3) Make peace with the Netherlands and concentrate on teching up (is it better to go for bombers or modern land units?)

My concern with the last 2 is that Netherlands may get too close to a science victory.

Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 106
A few things:
Your biggest opponent is the combat formula: a 30 str difference is a one hit kill. You need to get units to at minimum 104 to fight the GDR. This would be tank army + GG +fascism or Ibrahim's falconer. (107.) Obviously, teching to modern armor would be a big plus.

If the plan is to take down GDRs then the best plan you can have to is to rush for air units since you're already at plastics. Fighters and bombers have ranged attacks of 100 and 110 respectively - Jet variations +10 on that - and can strike from quite the range. This is a better number than, for example, modern armor armies (107.) If they don't have the AA upgrade then it's free pickings. Even if they do this is one of the best approaches you can take. I cant recall off the top of my head if bombers get the -17 penalty vs land units when attacking GDRs.
You're going to want to switch your ground forces to all tanks. Tanks simply have the highest strength and still use the same level of oil. Because of the enormous gulf in power between a tank and a GDR, your tanks are probably better used invading enemy cities than dying to the GDR. GDRs can only kill one unit per turn, too, so you can try to distract them with fodder while you take dutch cities. If composites is closer than jet fighters, go for it.

Go after their uranium if you can, this will cut GDR strength by 10.

I see you're on ideology, pick up facism for the +5str and the huge unit production boost. You probably really beat the dutch in raw production if you have planned your cities well, so leverage that to flood them out. They can only maintain so many GDRs.

Between Tank army, fascism, GG, you're at 107; with modern armor, you can get 117, vs a 134 GDR. 17 strength gap is a 50% damage reduction, so your modern armor armies should be able to plug it down in 6-7 hits from full health.

if most of Wilhelmina's combat score is in those GDRs, then she should be vulnerable to your army sweeping in. Again, GDRs can only kill 1 unit per turn. You can also handle science victory issues by pillaging or bombing her spaceports.

A few things:
Your biggest opponent is the combat formula: a 30 str difference is a one hit kill. You need to get units to at minimum 104 to fight the GDR. This would be tank army + GG +fascism or Ibrahim's falconer. (107.) Obviously, teching to modern armor would be a big plus.

If the plan is to take down GDRs then the best plan you can have to is to rush for air units since you're already at plastics. Fighters and bombers have ranged attacks of 100 and 110 respectively - Jet variations +10 on that - and can strike from quite the range. This is a better number than, for example, modern armor armies (107.) If they don't have the AA upgrade then it's free pickings. Even if they do this is one of the best approaches you can take. I cant recall off the top of my head if bombers get the -17 penalty vs land units when attacking GDRs.
You're going to want to switch your ground forces to all tanks. Tanks simply have the highest strength and still use the same level of oil. Because of the enormous gulf in power between a tank and a GDR, your tanks are probably better used invading enemy cities than dying to the GDR. GDRs can only kill one unit per turn, too, so you can try to distract them with fodder while you take dutch cities. If composites is closer than jet fighters, go for it.

Go after their uranium if you can, this will cut GDR strength by 10.

I see you're on ideology, pick up facism for the +5str and the huge unit production boost. You probably really beat the dutch in raw production if you have planned your cities well, so leverage that to flood them out. They can only maintain so many GDRs.

Between Tank army, fascism, GG, you're at 107; with modern armor, you can get 117, vs a 134 GDR. 17 strength gap is a 50% damage reduction, so your modern armor armies should be able to plug it down in 6-7 hits from full health.

if most of Wilhelmina's combat score is in those GDRs, then she should be vulnerable to your army sweeping in. Again, GDRs can only kill 1 unit per turn. You can also handle science victory issues by pillaging or bombing her spaceports.

Thanks Sostratus. I really like the idea of creating some fodder units to distract the GDRs while go for her cities. I'll build some tanks too and work on my airforce and will definitely switch to fascism. She only has 8 good cities so if I can take 2-3 I can probably stop her from getting science victory.

I didn't know you could bomb spaceports. Might have to try that!

Thanks again!

Thanks Sostratus.
I live only to serve!

I didn't know you could bomb spaceports. Might have to try that!
Bombers can pillage every other district, so I'm just assuming they can take out spaceports. Not like you can't drive a tank over for an impromptu inspection :lol:

For anyone who sees the thread:
The reason I mention the airforce as being so critical is because a jet fighter costs 650:c5production: prod for 110 :c5rangedstrength:, and the GDR might not be able to shoot back.
A modern armor army costs what, 1,360:c5production: or so, for a 107 :c5strength:.
A GDR only costs 1500 for 120:c5rangedstrength:/130:c5strength:.
So the airforce is basically the most economical option you have.

@Sostratus said it all really, jet fighters make mincemeat of GDR's
Your science is pretty small for that part of the game, you really need to concentrate on it for Dom games.
GL

If my memory serves me right, I think spaceports can now only be pillaged by spies.
correctish... they can be nuked of course.

Top Bottom